Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Would someone like to have my wonderful boys for their breeding project? The Dutch is a cuddler and the D’Uccle is a handsome serious guy—very gentle. I’m willing to drive far to find them good homes! They are 25 weeks old and I’ve had them since they were two days old.
https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/grd/d/portland-2-beautiful-bantam-roosters/7044886078.htmlView attachment 1992669 View attachment 1992670View attachment 1992671View attachment 1992672View attachment 1992673View attachment 1992674View attachment 1992675View attachment 1992676View attachment 1992677View attachment 1992679
I like them both, & will be expanding the bantam coop sometime this spring. I don't use Craig's lists.
$50 is a bit much. I was hoping for free cockerels.

Wow! Love the Pekin-Sebright! Pterodactyls is a great descriptor! I call my Sebrights “vultures.” My three Sebright girls so far are not bullies but their brothers had to find a new home at a very early age!!! They were nice with me but real jerks to everyone else!! Lots of attitude. Perkins sound like a great way to smooth out the rough sebright edges!

Haha yep - Vultures is a good descriptor too. My daughter likens them to the little velociraptors because of the way they run through the grass hehe. My two sebright girls have always ruled the roost, they dominate chickens multiple times their size because in their head they're just bigger chickens!

I have to say, adding the pekin blood has indeed so far resulted in far less flighty and more sociable birds though I will say that they still have that "scrappy" attitude amongst themselves at a very early age. My 8 week olds are hilarious to watch, deciding who's going to be king/queen of the bucket. (I have a stainless steel bucket upturned in their pen that I often sit on and they like to jump up on it and look down on the others who are admiring themselves in the mirrored finish).

I figured out what Citron is in chickens, but it's not the color name. The colors that Citron is based off of is E^Wh/E^Wh, Co/Co, Db/Db, S/s+, Ig/Ig.
If you don't know what these genes mean, I'll explain.

I had quite a discussion with the fellow posters a season or so ago about how Citrone works so, while I'm no expert, my project is based on some robust information hehe. I did originally have a Citrone sebright hen who was absolutely adorable (sadly she was lost to illness) so I am on a quest to get the colour back into my flock. The roo in my avatar is her grandson and has a reasonable chance of carrying the Ig gene. I'm breeding him to an unrelated sebright hen this summer and will see what transpires.

Here are my two original sebright hens - Nugget and Lacey

Nugget & Lacey.jpg

I had quite a discussion with the fellow posters a season or so ago about how Citrone works so, while I'm no expert, my project is based on some robust information hehe. I did originally have a Citrone sebright hen who was absolutely adorable (sadly she was lost to illness) so I am on a quest to get the colour back into my flock. The roo in my avatar is her grandson and has a reasonable chance of carrying the Ig gene. I'm breeding him to an unrelated sebright hen this summer and will see what transpires.

Here are my two original sebright hens - Nugget and Lacey

Something about tiny chickens in a blanket warms my heart :love

I like them both, & will be expanding the bantam coop sometime this spring. I don't use Craig's lists.
$50 is a bit much. I was hoping for free cockerels.
Yes they are free! I was just trying to weed out homes that might not be humane. I visited one place that wanted the cockerels I already found homes for and it was a really unsafe place. So I’m being extra careful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom