Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
My breeding projects for the next year will be to A-see what my Dark Brahma roo throws in my egg flock, B- breed the silkies I got for free (one looks HUGE comparatively. A Black Splash roo), and C- try to get some Crevecoeur eggs to hatch out once the silkies are old enough to be mommas!
Interesting plan. Hope it works out the way you want it.

My main breeding project for the year is to cross different heavy-breed chickens until I come up with a nice dual purpose bird that is: a good forager, good layer, good meat bird, interesting feather patterns, and calm mannered.
Brahmas, & RIR mixes may work, or Orpingtons if you have any of those breeds.

Hello chicken peoples, I would like to hear your breeding projects for 2020?

Here's a couple projects I'll be working on, and/or continuing.
My 2020, Breeding Projects:
#1. Wheaten Crele Orpingtons
#2. Non-Fighting Muff GameFowl

My Future Breeding Projects:
#1. Crele Silkies
#2. Rainbow Laying Silkies
#3. Calico Silkies
#4. Improved Partridge Silkies
#5. Removing White From Dominate White Silkies
#6. Calico Orpingtons
#7. LF D'Uccles (Thought it would be awesome)
#8. New Silkie Color Mutations

Disclaimer
Be sure to treat everybody equally, no disrespect, or bullying will be tolerated.
Remember just have fun sharing your ideas for next year? Important to remember, we're all friends here to help each other?

Have fun, & have fun with each other is all I'm trying to say.
Questions are encouraged.

I have not deliberately set up a breeding project, my house rooster, a splash Silkie, and my house hen, a Sicillian Buttercup, decided that on their own. Marilyn went broody and is sitting on two eggs, one she stole from my other house hen, a black banty Cochin. So far the eggs appear to be developing and within a week I hope to have two funky looking chicks. I have no idea what to expect.

My primary goal is to put together my first breeding pens working towards Houdans that fit historic descriptions of size, weight, and performance.
I wanna do a simular project, but it involves recreating the Iowa Blue, & solve the mystery behind the breed.

Here's an accidental creation, she's a mix of Buff Orpington/Barred Rock X Rhode Island Red.
0923191439.jpg
0923191449a.jpg
0923191449.jpg
I need to get updated pictures.

I have not deliberately set up a breeding project, my house rooster, a splash Silkie, and my house hen, a Sicillian Buttercup, decided that on their own. Marilyn went broody and is sitting on two eggs, one she stole from my other house hen, a black banty Cochin. So far the eggs appear to be developing and within a week I hope to have two funky looking chicks. I have no idea what to expect.
Post pics of the peeps when hatch? Sounds like a fascinating combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom