Chicken eating dog poop

ricschicks

Hatching
9 Years
Nov 2, 2010
What do I do? When I let them out into the yard, they invariably find the dog pile I missed. Then they peck at it and eat it.
What to do? I will continue to hunt down all the piles, but will the chickens stop doing this?

I doubt they will stop. I usually keep my dogs on a leash until they poop so I can clean things right up.I bet they eat rabbit and deer poo,and that is not something you can really keep up on. Just worm them every so often,and remove poop when you notice it.

Im no expert and this may be really bad for the chickens but I know that free ranged chickens will go out to pasture and peck at the cow pies. I think they are getting the bugs and things growing in there, apparently its a good thing. But again I am no expert
hmm.png

Mine will pick through the horse "piles" for either insects or not fully digested grains. For some reason this does not bother me but the thought of them eating dog "dirt" just gives me the willies for some reason
sickbyc.gif

Well, that's just backwards! My dogs absolutely love freshly laid chicken poop, but my chickens don't seem interested in dog poop - they seem to favor the horse manure, digging and scratching through the manure pile looking for bits of grain, fly eggs, and probably other great stuff that we are just too narrow minded to appreciate.

That's me too! The dog eats the chicken poo...course he would also keep the catbox clean given the chance. I can only grin when my sister in law lets him lick her face...LOL!

sickbyc.gif
GROSS!!!!!! I thought it was me and my chicken's dirty little secret (that they eat my dog's poop)!!!! It freaks me out! But there aint no stoppin em. they LOVE it!!!
sickbyc.gif
:sick:sick

Back
Top Bottom