chicken feet for dogs

Smithyard Farm

Songster
8 Years
Apr 15, 2012
Pembroke NH
can anyone tell me what they do to the feet after processing to feed to the dogs? do you just dry them? I have a bunch n my freezer that I don't know what to do with

thanks!

i have never heard about drying feet for dogs it seems like a chicken bone is a chicken bone and not good for dogs. my grandmother used to boil them and eat the skin that peels off. when my mother got married my grandmother cooked some and put one foot on each plate and told them to go scratch for themself

I am also wondering about this. I have been told that they can sell for up to $4 a pair at auctions. How much bone is in the feet? I might be leery about feeding to the dogs ..... and no, I will not make stock with them. But, if I can sell them- by all means, I will!

if peeled when butchered they make very good stock...now my grandma fried them in some batter and we ate them when I was little. and I remember they where very good. but never have done it after she died...jeff

I am also wondering about this. I have been told that they can sell for up to $4 a pair at auctions. How much bone is in the feet? I might be leery about feeding to the dogs ..... and no, I will not make stock with them. But, if I can sell them- by all means, I will!
I think this would totally depend on your area, and the ethnicities present. Some things are more valued by different cultures, thus have a higher price. I live in white-bread Southern Oregon, so thing that sell well for places with large Asian, Hispanic, etc cultures won't sell as well here. I hear of folks selling silkies for meat, as some cultures like the black skin. Here, can't hardly give them away.

Back
Top Bottom