CHICKEN / FOWL NAMES! To Name or Not to Name? Do You Name Yours? W/ Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks

I forgot Penny after a widow that always remembers my birthday.
08c3ef6c_IMG_20160706_094024.jpeg
She is pretty Dax!! you are such a wonderful person Dax, I am so glad we met on here!!
hugs.gif

Wait! you have all of them named!!!!  oh I can see you have more stories to tell...  bantychooks story a day lol   psss I Like Sunshine :love :D

Oh, and glad ya like her.... I get a kick outa being able to open the coop door and say "good morning Sunshine!!" :D

More names that I remembered:
Topaz
Tacky/Tessa
Alita
Ellie
Creamy

Cassandra!!!!!  love it!!!  Cassidy is a cool name that I always loved.    Im sorry about lil roo, what breed was he? Love that nn silkie!!
Kristy is my Fav name out of them all!! who is she???
Kristy the person is a missionary in Africa now, but I was a sponsor in the youth group when she was in high school. Great young lady with a heart I envy. It was a blessing to be able to encourage her. She has long curly black hair. Thus, my friendly and intrepid green egg layer (Amer. over RIR) is named after her.

Last edited:

Enya and Abi

These two girls are some of my favourite flock members- incredible colouring, and sweet personalities.
Now Abi is a fairly normal chicken, and is sane and sensible, as far as chickens go. She tolerates handling and mooches treats off anyone carrying anything edible.

Now Enya on the other hand..... :lol:

Abi will stand by your feet if you have treats, waiting for them to be dropped. Enya jumps on your back and demands to have them RIGHT NOW.
Abi will not care much if she gets picked up, but will scoot away when put down. Enya screams bloody murder, and then settles and either sits on your arm or follows you around for the next while.
Abi is of medium weight, and sit around doing calm chicken-y things. Enya is a skinny minnie and randomly launches into full flight across the run, and then screeches to a stop inches from the fence. (Sunshine does this too)

Last edited:

And, as always; here's my sweet Jace. As any of my BYC friends know, I can't stop talking about this sweet gal!

I got her as a chick from a local feed store. I thought for sure she was a rooster due to her spunky behaviour and her inclination to be the first to do everything, hence they boyish name.

She has several nicknames -Jacey, JaceyBug, Cutie, Little girlie, Stinker- and she responds to most of them.

She went broody at 11 months old, and got a 5/6 hatch. She is 1 1/2 years old now, and has gone broody 3 MORE times after that. :barnie
However, she's an awesome momma (once attacking a dog that was perceived as a threat to her brood- and she's only 1 lb!!) so she gets to raise mor babies next summer.

One of her quirks is her distaste for cold. It can be 90° and she's happy as a clam, (while the other chickens sit in the shade panting) but let it fall below 50° and she stares at me accusingly, as if to ask why I don't turn the temp up. :lol:
In the winter, she will stare at me every morning until I pick her up, tuck her in my coat, and warm her feets up. :love

Sometimes she'll sit come jump on my lap and just chill for a bit. Other times she won't even look at me unless I'm holding treats- She has cattitude to the max!! :gig

Oh, and she's my only bird that likes popsicles.

Back
Top Bottom