CHICKEN / FOWL NAMES! To Name or Not to Name? Do You Name Yours? W/ Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks

I've name all of my birds and have stories about all of them. Next year I'm going to get a meatbird and name it Thanksgiving. The names in red are birds we no longer have.

Hens: Nighthawk, Ninja, Zoe, Psyc, Acorn, Thyme, Rosemary, Sage, Chives, Ginger, Persephone, Daisy, Blue, Tilda, Ingrid, Rhododendron,Ursa, Ginny, Subku, Kasaiuki, Shae, Maplesugar, Fae, Echo, Cassandra (Cassie), Betty, Trixie, Bubbles, Kara, Alex, Susan (Suzi), Dewdrop (Dewy), Amy, Megan, Peep, Scaredy Cat, Eagle, Popcorn, Butter, Buffpuff, Buffbuff, Lily, Angle, Silena, Dimond, Baby Tooth, Winter, X (Hopple), Y, Creamsicle, Thing 1, Thing 2, Seaspray, Ripple ,Kitty, Gertrude, Snow, Aspara, Lumina, Muninn, Rey, Marvel, Sakerra

Roosters: Pluto, Jo, Starbright, Sylvester, Starhawk, Huginn, Anzotic, Cormac, Whisper, Mr. Comb, Padfoot, Moony, Prongs, Gandalf, Bracken, Wander, Kai, Jupiter, Neptune, Janus, Aquilon, Honey (Cupid), Mars,Mercury, Aeolus,Midas,Pierre, Goldie, Astro

Ducks: Eclipse, Kiwi, Basil, Sam, William, Beniduct

Guineas: Halo, Rau, Shadowthorn, Lunar, Sola, Carrots

X & Y were leghorns we couldn't tell apart, until one of then injured her leg, so she got nicknamed Hopple.
Thing 1 & Thing 2 were Bantam Cochins we couldn't tell apart.
Pluto & Persephone are our Spanish pair.
Kara & Alex were named after Supergirl & her sister because they're d'Anvers.
Huginn & Muninn were named after Odin's ravens. They're Sumatras.
Padfoot, Moony & Prongs are from Harry Potter.
Neptune, bantam splash cochin, was originally named Amphitrite, but ended up being a boy so we renamed him. We'd had Jupiter, LF Australorp cross, for some time, by the time we ended up with another Roo (Neptune), and Jupiter didn't really have a name. We called him Big Bird & Rooster, but after we renamed Neptune we realized that Jupiter couldn't be upstaged by Neptune.
Kiwi kind of looked like a kiwi fruit as a duckling.
Halo had Angle wing as a chick, but grew out of it.
Gandalf is a Grey Japanese, so be became Gandalf the Grey.
When Mr. Comb first hatched out he had a large comb for a newly hatched chick.
Many of our other birds were named by looking through a Gurney's catalog.

Jupiter

Kiwi

Gandalf

Huginn, currently tailess curtesy of Padfoot, Moony & Prongs

Mine are almost all named and since there's so many, I'm the only one who can keep track of who is who lol.

Mira-survived a gruesome injury and was named for Miracle

Honey-colored like honey

Sugar-big white fluffy hatchery silkie

Blue and Jewel-both blue silkies, named from the movie Rio

Romeo-my big loveable tom who won't go to bed without his evening hugs

Cuddles-friendly turkey hen that wants nothing more than to be hugged and pet

Princess and Queenie-ROYAL palm turkey hens

Voldemort-rooster that I said couldn't be named because we were only using him one season. Hubby said "he who shall not be named" therefore, he was named lol

Cocoa-chocolate muscovy, no explanation needed lol

Cinnamon-beautiful RIR roo

Maple-(should've been named miss piggy!) Fattest hen I have that is not a meatie. She's dark partridge colored, obsessed with food, is super sweet and huggable, and reminds me of Mrs Butterworth lol

I think that's everyone that earned a name. So many more ARE named but just because :)

Maple

Romeo

Cuddles

Princess and Queenie

Blue and Jewel

Cinnamon

Voldemort

Mira

Cocoa

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom