CHICKEN / FOWL NAMES! To Name or Not to Name? Do You Name Yours? W/ Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks

Sally Sunshine

cattywampus
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Aug 23, 2012
PA
Chicken Fowl Names!

To Name or Not to Name?

Do You Name Yours?

Share their names, stories & pics!

We dont typically name our chickens any longer (or any of our fowl)
Since we made the decision to process our extra Roos,
Obviously naming and being BFFs was a bad idea unless
of course you choose nugget or BBQ and have the right mindset!
HOWEVER, there are always one or two fowl that
fall into a name for one reason or another.

So share your stories and names with us!
W/ Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks

This little serama hen, kiddo named "Freckles",
simply because she refuses to stop trying to eat ours.

Our Motto Here:
BE NICE OR LEAVE!!!!

I will keep track as best as I can and add your name suggestions here in the OP as long as I am able!

Last edited:

@shahtir101
We hatched four serama friday I think it was, she got her first ever all blue/silver chick!

Say hello to HATTER!

I do name my birdies, some on purpose and some just name themselves..... Like Rain, my EE. I named her sugar but for some reason Rain is what I kept calling her.
hu.gif

This is Sunshine, named after a certain BYC member here.
wink.png

She's the first of my EE x sultan line, that will hopefully be expanded in the next few years.... Stil waiting on her eggs to see how much more work I gotta do to get the line up to what I want. (I want blue/green)

Other names:
Jazzy
Jace
Bubbles
Tucson
Chrissy
Heather
Zoey
Hazel
Smudge
Friendly
Maple
Bella
Georgia
Emma
Rain
Gem
Mystery
Reynbow
Majic
HennyPenny
Pebbles
Haze
Kay
Pingu
Lucky
Skylar
Enya
Abi
Sunny
Sundae
Popper
Chena
Zeta

.... And some more I've forgotten ATM, sorry chooks
hide.gif

Wait! you have all of them named!!!! oh I can see you have more stories to tell... bantychooks story a day lol psss I Like Sunshine
love.gif
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I've name all of my birds and have stories about all of them. Next year I'm going to get a meatbird and name it Thanksgiving. The names in red are birds we no longer have.

Hens: Nighthawk, Ninja, Zoe, Psyc, Acorn, Thyme, Rosemary, Sage, Chives, Ginger, Persephone, Daisy, Blue, Tilda, Ingrid, Rhododendron,Ursa, Ginny, Subku, Kasaiuki, Shae, Maplesugar, Fae, Echo, Cassandra (Cassie), Betty, Trixie, Bubbles, Kara, Alex, Susan (Suzi), Dewdrop (Dewy), Amy, Megan, Peep, Scaredy Cat, Eagle, Popcorn, Butter, Buffpuff, Buffbuff, Lily, Angle, Silena, Dimond, Baby Tooth, Winter, X (Hopple), Y, Creamsicle, Thing 1, Thing 2, Seaspray, Ripple ,Kitty, Gertrude, Snow, Aspara, Lumina, Muninn, Rey, Marvel, Sakerra

Roosters: Pluto, Jo, Starbright, Sylvester, Starhawk, Huginn, Anzotic, Cormac, Whisper, Mr. Comb, Padfoot, Moony, Prongs, Gandalf, Bracken, Wander, Kai, Jupiter, Neptune, Janus, Aquilon, Honey (Cupid), Mars,Mercury, Aeolus,Midas,Pierre, Goldie, Astro

Ducks: Eclipse, Kiwi, Basil, Sam, William, Beniduct

Guineas: Halo, Rau, Shadowthorn, Lunar, Sola, Carrots

X & Y were leghorns we couldn't tell apart, until one of then injured her leg, so she got nicknamed Hopple.
Thing 1 & Thing 2 were Bantam Cochins we couldn't tell apart.
Pluto & Persephone are our Spanish pair.
Kara & Alex were named after Supergirl & her sister because they're d'Anvers.
Huginn & Muninn were named after Odin's ravens. They're Sumatras.
Padfoot, Moony & Prongs are from Harry Potter.
Neptune, bantam splash cochin, was originally named Amphitrite, but ended up being a boy so we renamed him. We'd had Jupiter, LF Australorp cross, for some time, by the time we ended up with another Roo (Neptune), and Jupiter didn't really have a name. We called him Big Bird & Rooster, but after we renamed Neptune we realized that Jupiter couldn't be upstaged by Neptune.
Kiwi kind of looked like a kiwi fruit as a duckling.
Halo had Angle wing as a chick, but grew out of it.
Gandalf is a Grey Japanese, so be became Gandalf the Grey.
When Mr. Comb first hatched out he had a large comb for a newly hatched chick.
Many of our other birds were named by looking through a Gurney's catalog.

Jupiter

Kiwi

Gandalf

Huginn, currently tailess curtesy of Padfoot, Moony & Prongs

Mine are almost all named and since there's so many, I'm the only one who can keep track of who is who lol.

Mira-survived a gruesome injury and was named for Miracle

Honey-colored like honey

Sugar-big white fluffy hatchery silkie

Blue and Jewel-both blue silkies, named from the movie Rio

Romeo-my big loveable tom who won't go to bed without his evening hugs

Cuddles-friendly turkey hen that wants nothing more than to be hugged and pet

Princess and Queenie-ROYAL palm turkey hens

Voldemort-rooster that I said couldn't be named because we were only using him one season. Hubby said "he who shall not be named" therefore, he was named lol

Cocoa-chocolate muscovy, no explanation needed lol

Cinnamon-beautiful RIR roo

Maple-(should've been named miss piggy!) Fattest hen I have that is not a meatie. She's dark partridge colored, obsessed with food, is super sweet and huggable, and reminds me of Mrs Butterworth lol

I think that's everyone that earned a name. So many more ARE named but just because :)

Maple

Romeo

Cuddles

Princess and Queenie

Blue and Jewel

Cinnamon

Voldemort

Mira

Cocoa

Last edited:
i knew someone that named their turkeys
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
:goodpost: :lau

My peafowl are Krispea, Sweetpea, and Chickpea :lol: The guineas I can't tell apart, so they're collectively The Mafia, with the biggest one being The Mafia Leader.
I was going to name the laying hens and big cock, but that was five months ago and I've yet to get around to it. Haha. But my silkies will definitely get names (very special specific ones, of course. Only the best for my fluffbabies ;) )

We've named all of ours. We were planning on eating them, but....no. They are family now. We have also stopped eating chicken altogether. Our names are as follows:

Barbara Starr -- black australorp

We named her after the CNN reporter. Barbara Starr is sweet, broody and a great mom.

Peepers -- black australorp hybrid

Peepers is Barbara's adopted daughter, she's a peeper, hence the name

Henrietta -- rhode island red

Henny for short. She used to be mean, but shes mellowed out. Very talkative.

Bock Bock the Barred Rock -- barred rock

Sweet with a high pitched voice. Very pretty girl. We call her "badass" sometimes

Edith -- ameraucana hybrid

A beautiful bird, we love the beard! Slightly skittish, but a great layer. Blue eggs!

Bad Edith -- ameraucana hybrid

Another beautiful bird, even more skittish than the other Edith, shes not bad at all, the name just stuck.

Baby Boy -- sicillian buttercup

Our rooster, he's huge. The girls used to pick on him... Not anymore! We thought he was a hen for awhile. We had to change his name from Baby Bird to Baby Boy. Ha!

Happy chickening everyone!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom