CHICKEN / FOWL NAMES! To Name or Not to Name? Do You Name Yours? W/ Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks

Only the memorable ones get names. My avatar roo is Jack. So, obviously, all of his sons are named Jackson. Only one of this year's pullets got a name. Named by hubby, who is SO NOT A FARMER! He called her Nosey Nellie when she was under foot while he did a needed repair on the coop. So, Nellie, it is. Middle names are Nosey, Noisy. This weekend, a flock of 19 wild turkeys came calling. The turkeys were all afraid of the chickens, and the chickens weren't so sure about the turkeys. They observed each other from opposite sides of the garden fence. All, that is, except for Nellie. She trotted around the garden fence to get a closer look. Scared those turkeys into the woods.

Having a small flock of pet bantams, yes my girls have names.

I also go with singers but, being an all girl flock, just females.

Their stories are on My Chicken Page [link below] but in summary we have:

Cilla [Cilla Black] aka GodCilla when broody.
Dusty [Dusty Springfield] aka Dustbin or garbage guts.
Blondie [Blondie: Debbie Harry] aka Blondzilla when broody.
LuLu [Lulu] aka Louie Luigi.
Crystal [Crystal Gayle] aka Chrissie.

Sadly we have lost a few girls over the years; they were Brittney, Suzi, Tina and KiKi

They also know their names which I was able to teach them by saying their name each time I gave them a meal worm or treat. Now, if I say their name when giving treats, that girl will know it is her turn and step closer or lean forward etc.

Aaaw, thank you Sally

Just the 5 little bantams.

Blondie and Cilla are Pekins [Bantam Cochin]
LuLu is a Frizzle Pekin
Dusty is a Bantam Langshan and
Crystal is a Silke x Pekin

Blondie is a poser!
wink.png

Is reba red?  :clap   where are pics!!!   Casey and Jojo is that a band?    And what about Jack Osbourne you dont like him?  :lol:

Yes, she's red. kC and Jojo are brothers. The group is Jodeci, and they sang, "Lately" in the nineties. Being a female, I changed KC to Casey.
Chaos suggested Kelly since sex is unknown. I will go ahead and name the next two Jack and... whatever the other kid's name is.

The Osbournes

Steven is in the background. The Muscovy is Aretha, the Pekin by the run is Janice, the Pekin you can actually see is Jojo and Casey is the other.

Cassandra!!!!!  love it!!!  Cassidy is a cool name that I always loved.    Im sorry about lil roo, what breed was he? Love that nn silkie!!
Kristy is my Fav name out of them all!! who is she???
Kristy the person is a missionary in Africa now, but I was a sponsor in the youth group when she was in high school. Great young lady with a heart I envy. It was a blessing to be able to encourage her. She has long curly black hair. Thus, my friendly and intrepid green egg layer (Amer. over RIR) is named after her.

Last edited:

And, as always; here's my sweet Jace. As any of my BYC friends know, I can't stop talking about this sweet gal!

I got her as a chick from a local feed store. I thought for sure she was a rooster due to her spunky behaviour and her inclination to be the first to do everything, hence they boyish name.

She has several nicknames -Jacey, JaceyBug, Cutie, Little girlie, Stinker- and she responds to most of them.

She went broody at 11 months old, and got a 5/6 hatch. She is 1 1/2 years old now, and has gone broody 3 MORE times after that. :barnie
However, she's an awesome momma (once attacking a dog that was perceived as a threat to her brood- and she's only 1 lb!!) so she gets to raise mor babies next summer.

One of her quirks is her distaste for cold. It can be 90° and she's happy as a clam, (while the other chickens sit in the shade panting) but let it fall below 50° and she stares at me accusingly, as if to ask why I don't turn the temp up. :lol:
In the winter, she will stare at me every morning until I pick her up, tuck her in my coat, and warm her feets up. :love

Sometimes she'll sit come jump on my lap and just chill for a bit. Other times she won't even look at me unless I'm holding treats- She has cattitude to the max!! :gig

Oh, and she's my only bird that likes popsicles.

like this:

Abi
Acorn
Adore
Aeolus
Alex
Alita
Amphitrite
Amy
Angle
Anzotic
Aquilon
Aretha Franklin
Aspara
Astro
Baby Tooth
Basil
Bella
Beniduct
Betty
Big Bird
Blondie [Blondie: Debbie Harry] aka Blondzilla when broody.
Blue
Blue
Bonnie Tyler
Bracken
Brittney
Bubbles
Bubbles
Buffbuff
Buffpuff
Butter
Carrots
Cassandra
Cassandra
Cassie
Chena
Cheryl
Chives
chocolate
Chrissy
Cilla [Cilla Black] aka GodCilla when broody.
Cinnamon
Cocoa
Cormac
Creamsicle
Creamy
Crystal [Crystal Gayle] aka Chrissie.
Cuddles
Cupid
Cutie
Daisy
Dewdrop
Dewy
Dimond
Dusty [Dusty Springfield] aka Dustbin or garbage guts.
Eagle
Echo
Eclipse
Ellie
Emma
Enya
Fae
Friendly
Gandalf
Gem
Georgia
Georgie