CHICKEN / FOWL NAMES! To Name or Not to Name? Do You Name Yours? W/ Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks

We have 8 new chicks. They are about a week old now. My kids named most of them.
Buff Orpington is Olga
Barred rock is Jezebel
Black Sex Link is Lafawnduh
Wyandotte is Penny
Two Easter Eggers are Tattletale and Snitch
Delaware is Cookie
RIR is Mary

Love them!!! CONGRATS!!! and lafawnduh?
big_smile.png

Not my chickens but when I was working at a family members farm for a bit they had a rooster who fell into the name Mr. X

That was some time ago and I don't remember why!
lol.png
Wasn't the nicest fellow, I think he saw a hatchet earlier then intended
wink.png

Our hens are pets and some of them now have names which better suit them.

In no particular order:
* Mary Poopins
* Waffles
* Aunt Jemima
* Butters (now Buffy)
* Lucy
* Katy Pecky (now Piggy)
* Roxanne
* Mrs. Pickles (or Sweetie)
* Donkey Kong
* Mother Clucker (Mother in the presence of children & on Christmas cards)

In our chicken cemetery:
* Marty Poopins (was a rooster)
* Pocahontas
* Dirty Birdie

Last edited:
I have a mean spirited set of three Cream Legbars in my laying group (Eggplant Coop) - siblings and daughters of my otherwise nice CL rooster and hen. Tried naming them before, but nothing stuck, and they sort of go around in a little gang.

On a particularly bad day of them bullying the marans and the sweet little olive egger in the group (before they got a new rooster to settle them all down), they got the collective name of the Three Witches (form Macbeth). It fits. And so it stuck.
big_smile.png

- Ant Farm

I have a mean spirited set of three Cream Legbars in my laying group (Eggplant Coop) - siblings and daughters of my otherwise nice CL rooster and hen. Tried naming them before, but nothing stuck, and they sort of go around in a little gang.

On a particularly bad day of them bullying the marans and the sweet little olive egger in the group (before they got a new rooster to settle them all down), they got the collective name of the Three Witches (form Macbeth). It fits. And so it stuck.
big_smile.png

- Ant Farm
not the sanderson sisters??

I have one named chicken. She was a runt. I named her nugget (as in "little chicken nugget"). You can see her size difference in the picture. She looks MUCH younger, but was from the same shipment of day olds. Sadly she is the one remaining bird from that group. The other 3 hens were killed by a predator and the rooster (who adored her) died of unknown causes. No visible damage. Just dead. Sad.
She matured into a perfectly normal sized and beautiful bird though.

Very cool names!!! I really need to get time to update the OP with all these!!!

love the chickies!!!

Back
Top Bottom