Chicken killed a mouse!

wyliefarms

Songster
11 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Fowlerville,MI
Ok, I would of never believed it if I hadn't seen it myself. My daughters BO caught and killed a mouse. She was playing/eating the mouse while the other hens were chasing her trying to get the mouse too.

It was quite comical.

Has anyone else seen there chickens catch and kill anything?

Linda in San Diego

Songster
11 Years
May 11, 2008
San Diego
My chickens are better mousers than any cat we had in the past. They kill them and don't try to bring them in the house to play catch and release over and over!

Becaco

Songster
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
I wouldn't have believed it either, but I saw one of ours do the same.

Good mousers.

holliewould

Songster
11 Years
May 15, 2008
Planet Earth
Yea mine killed an iguana the other day. Dismembered the thang. It was disgusting. They chase off other birds and squirrels to.

americana-chick

Songster
11 Years
Jun 18, 2008
Quote:haha! my chickens chase off squirls all the time, pepper a squirl that hangs out in the goat/chicken pen is a huge little squirl and my chickens chase him off! he tries teasing them but it doesnt work they are just to smart for him i guess?! oh and one more thing chickens are great at playing catch! i was throwing dead locasases "sorry dont know how to spell that!" to my chickens and they where catching them and didnt drop one once!

mango1612

In the Brooder
11 Years
Feb 9, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I used to let our Jack Russell into the chicken pen and turn over feed bins for him to get the mice. If he missed one, or he wasn't around and a mouse ran out from under a bucket the chickens would grab them. It's something that's hard to get your mind around until you see them do it! They will kill anything small enough that they can!

Latest posts

Top Bottom