Chicken killed a mouse!

wyliefarms

Songster
11 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Fowlerville,MI
Ok, I would of never believed it if I hadn't seen it myself. My daughters BO caught and killed a mouse. She was playing/eating the mouse while the other hens were chasing her trying to get the mouse too.

It was quite comical.

Has anyone else seen there chickens catch and kill anything?

I wouldn't have believed it either, but I saw one of ours do the same.

Good mousers.

Quote:
haha! my chickens chase off squirls all the time, pepper a squirl that hangs out in the goat/chicken pen is a huge little squirl and my chickens chase him off! he tries teasing them but it doesnt work they are just to smart for him i guess?! oh and one more thing chickens are great at playing catch! i was throwing dead locasases "sorry dont know how to spell that!" to my chickens and they where catching them and didnt drop one once!

mine like them so much i almost trap some for them,,, the first time i saw it ,, it took me a minute to figure out what i just saw,, it happened in bout 2 seconds,,hehe
wink.png

I used to let our Jack Russell into the chicken pen and turn over feed bins for him to get the mice. If he missed one, or he wasn't around and a mouse ran out from under a bucket the chickens would grab them. It's something that's hard to get your mind around until you see them do it! They will kill anything small enough that they can!

Back
Top Bottom