Chicken laid Soft-Shelled Egg?

dakrazyk

In the Brooder
Mar 29, 2015
Sarasota, Florida
My blue lace hen laid 2 soft shelled eggs in the same spot today. I came back home and saw them and then saw her tail feathers limping down, which is a sign of something wrong. I know that is normal for a soft shell egg, but it's not normal to see droopy tail feathers. Whats wrong and what caused this? I have a rooster too, so I don't know if it has to do with stress.

I occasionally feed her oyster shells and she has been wormed. I do not feed her layer feed.
Laying hens need calcium, which they get from layer feed. Get her some layer feed and stop feeding her scratch. Probably also a good idea to leave a bowl of oyster shell out for her.

-Kathy

Hi Kathy. I sent you a email about my one chicken. She has egg peritonitis. I started her
On Duramycin. She seems better. She had a cooked egg and is drinking. Do you think this will w
Help. She is a RR and the when I went in coop my other RR payed a sifted shelled egg. I give them
Layer pellets and the have oyster shells all the time. I also give them there shells back. I don't feed
Them scratch when warm. Am I doing something wrong. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom