Chicken or Duck?

What do you think?

• Duck

Votes: 28 87.5%
  • Chicken

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
Yeah, my welshies which are mallard derived don't lay green eggs and I just started getting my first Call eggs and they aren't green either. In fact, most of the eggs I got from Ravyn weren't green. Nor were the other Call eggs I bought from a different breeder.
I guess I dont have Calls but some other strange exotic breed....lol

I guess I dont have Calls but some other strange exotic breed....lol

I'm not saying you don't have Calls. I also said, if you read back, that some Calls lay green eggs. However, not all Calls lay green eggs. That's all I said.

Last edited:
Some might find this interesting:
5978211_orig.jpg

metzer_BlownDuckEggs.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, my welshies which are mallard derived don't lay green eggs and I just started getting my first Call eggs and they aren't green either. In fact, most of the eggs I got from Ravyn weren't green. Nor were the other Call eggs I bought from a different breeder.

I only have a couple lines that do lay green... :)

I'm not saying you don't have Calls - nowhere did I say that. I also said, if you read back, that some Calls lay green eggs. However, not all Calls lay green eggs. Not every Call egg is green. That's all I said.

Exactly what I said... each breed has it's standard for the egg color it *should* lay... but being that all domestic ducks, besides Muscovy, are mallard derived, green and blue color can and does crop up... especially more common in hatchery birds since they aren't bred to standard... and in breeders lines who have done line crossings...

That being said, this egg in question does not *look* like a duck egg to me, but could just be the pic...

I have heard of tan eggs in ducks too, just fyi...

@diamondsilkies did you get your eggs from RubyNala, by chance? Just curious... :)

@Ravynscroft yes, actually, I did get them from her. I love the silkies I got, and I had a very good hatch rate for eggs that had been shipped all the way across the country! My post office also messed up, so I got them two days later than I should've. So I was already really happy with what I ordered and then I got this fun surprise!

Back
Top Bottom