Chicken or Duck?

What do you think?

• Duck

Votes: 28 87.5%
  • Chicken

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
Pics
Lol I know everyone loves pics on here. I got three black, one white, and a silver partridge from her. There's some seramas in the photos as well, those are from my own flock. View attachment 1212470 View attachment 1212471 View attachment 1212472

Fabulous!! :love

They are the loudest duck when the girls 'sound off' or alert call, but honestly the standard sized ducks are noisier 'talkers' throughout the day from my experinece... :)

Agree 100%

I took the last serama chick out to put in the brooder, and while I was doing so I filled up the humidity pot, as the water level was getting low. I also took the opportunity to gently lift up the egg and hold it to my ear. I gave it a slight few taps with my finger and I think I heard some very faint chirping or movement inside. I'd been letting my doubt start to get the better of me, but this has doubled my confidence that whatever is inside is still alive!

I took the last serama chick out to put in the brooder, and while I was doing so I filled up the humidity pot, as the water level was getting low. I also took the opportunity to gently lift up the egg and hold it to my ear. I gave it a slight few taps with my finger and I think I heard some very faint chirping or movement inside. I'd been letting my doubt start to get the better of me, but this has doubled my confidence that whatever is inside is still alive!

That's great! :pop

Some might find this interesting:
5978211_orig.jpg

View attachment 1212271

Just to add more speculation, my Muscovy eggs looked very much these khaki Campbell eggs :gig

Just to add more speculation, my Muscovy eggs looked very much these khaki Campbell eggs :gig
I have Runners, Rouens, Pekins, and Muscovies, and all lay the same colored eggs, which can make for some interesting incubation experiences when you think you've set Muscovy eggs (35-day incubation) and they start pipping on day 26. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom