Chicken Parmigiana (or parmesian) with Photos

Tanya, I have kids and they are required to help. I do not pay or give allowances for things done that makes it better for the family.

I ultilize child labor every single day! I do not do it all by myself. I have even nagged enough that before bedtime my husband will now help our son clean up his toys in the livingroom.

I keep his toys in a storage box in the livingroom. In the winter I use wood heat so the big family room and the kitchen and dining are where it is warm. He plays in this area so his toys get scattered everywhere. After a couple nights of not picking up toys and my husband stumbling around barefoot in the dark when getting up for work and stepping on sharp little toys is motivated to help.

I also make the kids scrape their dishes in my pale for chicken scraps and put their dishes into the dishwasher as they finish eating.

Every little bit helps the engine to be oiled and run smoother.

I can't stand to wake to dirty dishes either! It was bred into my by my mother. You did the dishes as soon as you got up from the table and we didn't have a dishwasher. I hated holidays. Being the youngest, I always got stuck washing. Mom believed in CAYG (clean as you go) though and that has always stuck with me. My kitchen isn't huge, so it's pretty much a necessity around here.

What? No one noticed my rooster? Or butterchurn?

That's the first thing I saw just before I started to drool,

Nice was the chicken from one of your own?​

Last edited:
Yes, we raised meat birds through the fall and processed them all at the first of the year.

The meat is so much better!

When I culled my first cockeral I felt very guilty. Actually my friend did it. I tried to find homes for the three but could only find for one. My friend who was raised in Malaysia was used to that life and she offered to do it. She was as gentle as you can be. I promised never to do it again because I felt bad that I did it and did not enjoy the meat.

But MissPrissy explained what I did wrong and now I am not so bad. I am not going out and buying chicks to raise for slaughter but when I buy chicks for eggs and get males I feel it would not be so hard to do.

I commend the people who do this at home it spares those birds who would otherwise be in humanly treated.
I also enjoy the self sufficiant life style. I do not like buying anything that I can eat grow or make myself.
I made a large envelope today because it was so cold I didn't want to go out. I felt good relying on my resourses.
Now I will get off my soap box thank you for letting me ramble.

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

I made this recipe to the letter and it received rave reviews from my family. There was even a small debate over who got the left overs for lunch the next day. Hubby won.
tongue.png

Thank you for sharing it MissPrissy

Glad you enjoyed it. I usually cook enough to have leftovers. I layer it all like a casserole and bake it with cheese the next supper. Yummy! The sauce just melts into the chicken cutlets and the flavors marry into one giant plate of good eats.

Back
Top Bottom