Chicken Poop...Delicacy?

marisaKC

In the Brooder
Jul 24, 2019
Good morning all! My corgi just loves eating my chickens poop! It's like some sort of delicacy and he hunts it all over the yard after they've been foraging. It's SOOOOO disgusting! I won't even tell you about his breath... On a serious note though, do you guys know of any serious harm he could get into by eating all that chicken poo? Appreciate your thoughts!!

Attachments

• 84946948_10202117762087807_2085426009137479680_o.jpg
    84946948_10202117762087807_2085426009137479680_o.jpg
    455.8 KB · Views: 8
Welcome!
Most/ all dogs love to eat poo, any poo. Some dogs also will eat their own, so disgusting!
One reason that no dog gets that close to my face, or licks it. :sick
He's being a normal dog, and probably eats any wild critter poo that lands in your yard too. More reasons to not have him near your face!
He's less likely to pick up a disease from your chickens than from whatever wild poo he gets, or drinking from puddles.
Mary

Last edited:
Thanks Mary! Definitely expected him to like poop I guess I just thought he wouldn't go hunting for it for an entire afternoon. A big ol' pile of horse poop is kind of just there - can't miss it might as well eat it. But chicken poo is like a scavenger hunt. haha I wasn't sure if my chickies would have a parasite or something that they can handle but the pupper can't. I appreciate your feedback!!!

What a cutie!

Biggest issue you'll likely find is an upset stomach from too much poop, and possibly picking up some parasites (though I don't know off hand what could be spread from chicken to dog).

My dogs also love chicken poop and hunt around for it, but I get most of it cleaned up before the dogs get released into the yard.

Good morning all! My corgi just loves eating my chickens poop! It's like some sort of delicacy and he hunts it all over the yard after they've been foraging. It's SOOOOO disgusting! I won't even tell you about his breath... On a serious note though, do you guys know of any serious harm he could get into by eating all that chicken poo? Appreciate your thoughts!!
Who can resist to this sweet face???!!!with bad breath and all...:love

It reminds me of my rough collie when baby!!!

Back
Top Bottom