Chicken took medication that wasn’t meant for it.

SylvieXandra

In the Brooder
May 3, 2023
Hello everyone,
I have one chicken that needs pain medication. I give it to her in a blueberry. Today, another chicken took the blueberry from her and ate the medication. I got another pill, another blueberry, but one chicken out of the run, gave the chicken who needs it her meds. The other chicken stuck her head through the fencing and ate that pill as well. Now the WRONG chicken has had double doses of a medication not meant for her. What should I do?

How's she doing now? What medicine is it exactly? I would make sure she gets alot of water. Aside from that, I don't think there's much more you can do.

Most chickens will swallow a pill easily if given into the beak. If you are going to give it in food in the future, just make sure you have the chicken isolated. A dog crate with food and water is good for treating chickens that get medication regularly. Was the medicine meloxicam or something similar? It shouldn’t be harmful, unless you continue to let her get more.

Most chickens will swallow a pill easily if given into the beak. If you are going to give it in food in the future, just make sure you have the chicken isolated. A dog crate with food and water is good for treating chickens that get medication regularly. Was the medicine meloxicam or something similar? It shouldn’t be harmful, unless you continue to let her get more.
prescription pain meds.

Back
Top Bottom