Chicken toys? & Fun treats?

Live worms are very fun for them or live crickets, frogs, mice, snakes anything live is real fun for them.
I would hope you can change your paradigm on how you see the eggs. i tend to see it as a way they can show us love by providing a food source or present that is better than anything you can buy.
if you still have hangups get a roo and incubate them

I give them meal worms & they go bonkers it's adorable :) what are seed blocks?? Can you make that or buy it at a pet store or feed store ? Thanks for the toy link I just added it to my cart :love

Here is a link to "flock blocks" which I think might qualify as a "seed block"? We make them and give them to our girls once per week and they love them. We are a little concerned about our girls gaining too much weight so we have to restrain ourselves from giving them too many treats. They need to eat their pellets for proper nutrition. Good luck.

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/10/flock-block-substitute-recipe-healthy.html

20171031_172028.jpg
20171031_172023.jpg
Here's what I added to my run, took a while, but the girls are now enjoying it all day.

Compost piles, logs, fresh dirt piles or dirt holes from shoveling.
Sometimes I'll turn the logs over so they can pick at the slugs & bugs underneath.
I also put veggie scraps & treats in a bird suet cage & hang it up.
Or use an apple corer to take the core out of the apple & tie it up with twine through the middle. Apple seeds contain arsenic. It won't kill them unless in large doses, but better safe than sorry.

As for the eggs, I felt weird too. But it's so much more humane to eat them from your own girls than from store bought -- even the "cage free" or "organic". So unless you're vegan, you should actually feel better about eating their eggs.
Also they do work so hard & seem so proud of themselves when they're singing their little egg song. I just say "thank you ladies" & enjoy my fresh humanely laid eggs now.
That's great! Thank you are there any bugs or insects that might make them sick tho? ? So I can make sure they don't eat those? I'm also going to give them apples in that form but seedless like you said it won't kill them but it is better to be safe then sorry I wouldn't want to hurt them :) thank you, you're like one of the few people to say you felt weird also I thought I was just crazy for feeling weird & im feeling alot better now about this especially cause everyone has a point they are more fresh nicer & better than the store one plus their little songs & proudness is very cute so it might be a waste if I do nothing with them I also say thank you but have yet to eat one she's only laid 2 so far & she let's me know when she's gunna lay & stares at me like for support I feel cause she stays close by to me :)

Here is a link to "flock blocks" which I think might qualify as a "seed block"? We make them and give them to our girls once per week and they love them. We are a little concerned about our girls gaining too much weight so we have to restrain ourselves from giving them too many treats. They need to eat their pellets for proper nutrition. Good luck.

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/10/flock-block-substitute-recipe-healthy.html
Wow thanks alot :) I'll make sure not to overdo the treats either I want them nice & healthy

View attachment 1255208 View attachment 1255209Here's what I added to my run, took a while, but the girls are now enjoying it all day.
Oh that is so cool & amazing it looks like it took a while to make but totally worth it I believe. It looks like a chicken play yard so fun! I want to do something like this & everything everyone else has mentioned they're all so great :) I gotta lot of work ahead of me thanks it's beautiful :love

Live worms are very fun for them or live crickets, frogs, mice, snakes anything live is real fun for them.
I would hope you can change your paradigm on how you see the eggs. i tend to see it as a way they can show us love by providing a food source or present that is better than anything you can buy.
if you still have hangups get a roo and incubate them
Like live mice frogs & snakes? They can eat those? I've given then worms & a few crickets although they don't seem to really like the crickets but go bonkers for the mealworms :) & yeah I'm changing it slowly after all the nice ways people have been telling me that it's not bad I felt kinda guilty but I'm starting to change my view I'm not ready to eat one but a bit closer :) thanks I hadn't thought about them showing love in that way but it is in a way love for what we do for them :love I wish I could get a rooster they are so beautiful but where I live we can only have hens if someone were to complain he'd get taken away :/

Ive given them gogurt before but now I give them Dannon mixed berry or others like it. I stay away from the dessert ones or coffee. I have one Sexlink and shes friendly letting me pet her, shes a always comes to me when I go outside since shes so spoiled. Shell come into the kitchen doorway that goes to the outside hoping for treats.

Back
Top Bottom