chicken was bleeding under vent

denardo

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 6, 2012
i noticed my chicken was bleeding today.when i looked closer,it appeared to have its organs exposed under vent and was bleeding worse.i put the poor thing out of its misery,and im wondering if it was an illness, or a predator.any comments would be greatly appreciated.im am heartbroken

OH I am so sorry for you!!
hugs.gif
but I think you did the right thing for the chicken. Where it looked like the organs were exposed, was it like a wound? That could have been caused by a predator...any more info could help me and anyone else work it out. Whatever it was, it couldn't have been your fault
hugs.gif

she was about 5 months old,and thank you.all my other girls are fine.

im really not sure what it looked like,wound or other.it looked like a round thing with lines running around it,very meaty and raw.she was bleeding so much,i just didnt want to see her suffer.very hard to do.i think she was pecking at it because it hurt.thanks all for your input.i feel like i did the right thing for her.

im really not sure what it looked like,wound or other.it looked like a round thing with lines running around it,very meaty and raw.she was bleeding so much,i just didnt want to see her suffer.very hard to do.i think she was pecking at it because it hurt.thanks all for your input.i feel like i did the right thing for her.
Yes I agree, in this situation it's the best thing you could have done for her. The wound sounds like it could have been caused by pecking?

i have a feeling that you are right.i will watch the girls closely.thank you for your input

My chicken is going through the same thing . She isn't bleeding much. Just a drop or two in the past 2 days. I removed her from the others since they were attacking her. I got to her in time thank god. She's healing now but it still looks aweful..:( she's eating , drinking and laying fine. Any other things you think I can do to help her heal? I've given her warm baths and put ointment on the wound.

Back
Top Bottom