chicken with cold

tisdale

Hatching
10 Years
Oct 13, 2009
what kind of med do i need to give two bantams that seemto have a cold. the roosters nose is runny and hen has cold in her eyes.

You can add apple cider vinegar to drinking water add garlic granules or powder to feed give citridal (grapefruit exract) drops in drinking water along with colloid silver.
smile.png

Also make sure your coop has no draughts at night for the wind to blow through.... I have a little bantie that gets a cold every winter... until last year, when I made sure every nook and cranny of little holes where the wind could blow through (it howls through here in the winter ) where packed.. also I use feed bag to close out any draughts in the door.... worked a treat no more colds for my little girlie

Thank you all for your fedback the chooks are in a brand new coop which until they are bigger maybe a little large for them and they are not snuggling together at night so now i wait for them to go to sleep and physically movethem together! i think that is why they are cold and the weather has really changes recently I have also put a taupauline ove one side of the coop run so they have shelter from the wind i already have it over the top to shelter them from the rain! They have really picked up scince adding baytrill to the water.
smile.png
smile.png
:)jodie33 xx

Back
Top Bottom