Chicken with Swollen Pea comb and neck soaked with clear fluid

sunshineyarns

Songster
8 Years
Mar 23, 2011
Hi!

I had the girls out freeranging with me earlier today and everything seemed to be fine, I didn't notice anything unusual and they were all acting normal. I went in to do an egg check this evening and noticed my one girl, Lily has something going on. I honestly can't quite tell you what it is yet, and I'll take some pics in the morning. BUT, her pea comb seems swollen and extra red. And, she was soaked with water/clear fluid all around her wattles and down a bit on her neck. It would be odd to have it just be water, so I was thinking it could be fluid. I've been doing some digging here on the threads, and haven't been able to come up with anything. She didn't have any crustiness on her face and has still been laying like a champ (the girl is 4 years old and is laying an egg a day again right now!).

Anyway, I just wanted to see if anyone knows of something this COULD be. It was getting dark, so I couldn't take a picture really well and didn't want to isolate her quite yet, since she seems to be acting pretty normal. I'll grab her in the morning and see how she is doing and can put a call into our vet.

Anyone out there have any thoughts?! Thank you as always!!

Back
Top Bottom