Chickens attacked by coyotes!! Please help!

monicatg

In the Brooder
Jun 25, 2015
Hello there! A few nights ago my chickens, except for one, never made it back into their coop. They sometimes wander into the neighbor's yard and spend the night there. In the morning the rooster returned without the two hens. Agatha is a few years old and June is a young hen at 4 months old. I saw feathers in multiple places in the yard and figured they got attacked and eaten by coyotes. A day later Agatha returned with a missing eye and some feathers missing. She was a little traumatized but she has been doing well. I just came home from work today (3 days after the attack) and found June pacing in front of the coop. She has all the feathers around her neck missing and there is definitely dried blood all over where the feathers are missing. There is one wound that looks especially deep. I don't know if she will make it but I still want her to be comfortable. What do you recommend to help clean her up a little and help heal her wounds to make sure she survives/make her comfortable?

Please help!

CLIP ALL THE FEATHERS AROUND THE WOUND ISOLATE HER BECAUSE CHICKENS ARE CANNIBALISTIC. AFTER SHE CALMS DOWN YOU NEED TO CLEAN THE WOUND THEN PUT SOME NEOSPORIN ON THE WOUND. CAN YOU POST A PICTURE A PICTURE WOULD REALLY HEIP!

BY THE WAY WELCOME TO BYC!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE GLAD YOU COULD JOIN THE BYC FAMILY !!!!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom