CHICKENS ESCAPED AND SLEEPING IN TREE!!

This is a very ingenious idea! Thank you for posting. My hens have not yet run away (but it could happen) so I'll remember this trick. I checked on YouTube and there are many videos with sound entitled "Rooster calling hens". Perhaps the OP could use one of these, turned up loud, to lure his girls back.
Could you link me a good one?

Could you link me a good one?

Absolutely! (Although I'm not much of a judge of what hens find charming)... try any of these. The first four are roosters calling hens for food. The last one is a compilation of different roosters crowing:

GOOD LUCK!!! Let us know if your ladies return.

Absolutely! (Although I'm not much of a judge of what hens find charming)... try any of these. The first four are roosters calling hens for food. The last one is a compilation of different roosters crowing:

GOOD LUCK!!! Let us know if your ladies return.
I did the last one, but who knows how far away they are and how well they can hear

Did they come back?
One of them came back to lay an egg and we locked it in the coop then the other came back to the coop and they were both in there. But these birds are so scared and untamed that when we went to clip the wings at night they busted open a locked door (now broken) and haven't come back since. We still see them around roaming on our property and dust bathing. They escaped around 4 days ago and don't wont to go back to the coop. As for the other chicken, shes found the other 2 and they just play around on the property.

what breed were they in the first place? just curious as I came to this thread thinking of Sumatra.
FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_6366.JPG IMG_6364.JPG IMG_6365.JPG Sorry for the bad photos :/

Back
Top Bottom