Chickens feet are red and wrinkled - HELP me please!! (PICS ADDED)

I think you need to buy a bale of straw or hay, whichever is available in your area and toss it out in the run. My neighbor buys it in bulk because she has a lot of animals and pays about $3 per bale, but I have to buy mine at a farm store and pay about $10. It's $10 well spent!!!

Stepping on the snow won’t make their feet cold (not enough to bother them). It’s just that many chickens are afraid of the snow... because they’re chickens. :p Some of mine go out, others don’t, but if the others can see the some, they eventually come out too.

But then why are their feet red and cold when I touch them? :hmm

I’ve always been told the redness was hormones. I’ve always seen it on my birds especially my roosters/cockerels.

Attachments

• E86A7746-8E9A-4F03-9B86-AF5BCDF2443B.png
    E86A7746-8E9A-4F03-9B86-AF5BCDF2443B.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 6
  • 702BC8BC-2A91-4D85-B5BF-BC0BB3D66835.jpeg
    702BC8BC-2A91-4D85-B5BF-BC0BB3D66835.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 6
Ugh, I was just out with them and I forgot to check Kiwi! :rolleyes: But, I put a jug of warm water in the run for them to lean on. I also changed their drinking water so it's warm again. The run is sort of shoveled but not down to the leaves, dirt, grass, etc. Just can't get that far. :hmm

I also gave them warm oatmeal, apple peels, and raisins. A big bowl of it all mixed together. I hope that will help warm up their insides. Anyway, what do you all think? Is there more I can do for them?

I'm planning on making a scrambled egg for them later. Maybe two eggs...

Back
Top Bottom