Chickens growing faster than new coop (Pics)

Squid Bait

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 15, 2008
Fayetteville, AR
Just thought I'd post the first couple pics of my new coop. If I don't hurry, my little ones will be laying eggs in the brooder
smile.png

I'm just building this onto a storage shed in my back-yard. I haven't decided exactly how I want to integrate the existing window into the plan. Maybe I'll put a few nesting boxes up against it, so I can sneak the eggs out the back.

dscn2810xy5.jpg

Here you can see the plywood sub-floor covered in Durock concrete board. I should have pics of the soon to be installed tile tomorrow.

dscn2811ij6.jpg

I'm still looking for a cheap and semi-attractive siding option that I can also cover the cinder-block shed with. Any suggestions?

Bob

Sorry for the slow updates. An old friend popped into town and there was a bit too much margaritas and sleeping in, and too little coop building. The tile is now down and grouted. I had left over Italian porcelain from my bathroom remodel, but I doubt if my chickys will ever know how nice that tiles feels on bare feet.

dscn2815gk6.jpg

I've also managed to trim out the water damaged sections (and one large ant hive) from the old shed and mount the lower rafter support.

dscn2817ql3.jpg

I should have rafters and roof decking in place tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom