Chickens In Ya Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oo, what's this I see in the forum page list thingy? Knew *exactly* who had to've started it, too ;-)

Invitations? I didn't get one... Probably because I don't tend to respond to the windows...

Anyway, I'm here for reading material and to annoy SC by being quiet and then, at some random time, doing an info dump;-)

Hi AmyP, glad you found us. He was supposed to send you an invite, so you'll have smack him for not doing it. Preferably not in the kidney area ;)

Sorry, guys... feeling kinda punchy today so I'm not doing windows...

Lost one of my Araucana chicks in the night for no reason...
sad.png

not enough time in my days stopped short of this
hugs.gif
here's some good news for you tonight . did a little looking earlier and have several moving right along can't see much with the BCMs all the Araucanas look good AMs maybe two clears CLBs maybe one clear not sure . just took a quick look . and that other chicken I ain;t looking up how to spell . both eggs look good . so I'm all eggcited .
yippiechickie.gif

@Ravyn how you feelin?
Am ok... still sad, but she's sending me more eggs on Tues... sinus issues have spread to inner ear and chest though, ugh...
There's my girl! :frow
Sorry guys, kidney stone :hit Walnut, those anoles are priceless. I will come up with the proper post for them when the Percocet wears off ;)
Feel for you... I pass those every 2-3 months... don't ask... :/
You nole you want it, anole you want it...
Weak... you can do better than that...
Sorry guys, I've had no time to catch up or for a formal introduction (do I really need one?). I had an egg due yesterday. Woke up to an internal pip. By this morning, the egg had made no progress, so I started a pip for her. Still no progress. So I went to put the baby down for a nap and look who decided to join the chicken world...
About time!! :jumpy
Is this the little guy that was on time with my hatch?
That is slightly disturbing...
Update from my sweet wife. 10 chicks!
:thumbsup :jumpy
Just to be clear. I'm expecting pics of the kidney stone.
That is more disturbing...
Oo, what's this I see in the forum page list thingy? Knew *exactly* who had to've started it, too ;-) Invitations? I didn't get one... Probably because I don't tend to respond to the windows... Anyway, I'm here for reading material and to annoy SC by being quiet and then, at some random time, doing an info dump;-)
:highfive:
This chick has some issues! Instead of standing on his feet and walking, he's sitting on his bum and paddling his feet up and down really fast. I got a video, I'll have to upload it to YouTube. Anyone ever seen this before? I taped his legs and it's not seeming to stop him from doing it. Ugh! I love them, I'd love to see pics! Looks delicious! Wish I was there.
I've seen it several times... call it Happy Feet syndrome, lol... Don't tape the legs... it's due to short legs and big butt... give her/him a couple days and should be on its feet... you want it to do the feet paddle as it strengthens the legs up...
not enough time in my days stopped short of this :hugs here's some good news for you tonight . did a little looking earlier and have several moving right along can't see much with the BCMs all the Araucanas look good AMs maybe two clears CLBs maybe one clear not sure . just took a quick look . and that other chicken I ain;t looking up how to spell . both eggs look good . so I'm all eggcited .:yiipchick
Thanks, K... :hugs Glad the eggs are doing well... it'll take a bit before you can tell in the BCM's... oh, and the other 2 are Sulmtalers... this is what they look like at hatch...

Here's the video. I already braced his legs for splayed legs but he's still tapping his feet up and down. I'll treat him in the morning with the poly-v, selenium, and Vit e. He's just sleeping a lot now. He was rambunctious when he first hatched. So I movd him to the brooder fairly quickly, so he wouldn't crack the eggs due tomorrow. I'm hoping he gets some friends tomorrow but he might have to be culled.

[VIDEO]

@RubyNala97 did you see my response in the multi-quote? No need to worry, don't cull the chick... happens quite frequently in short legged bantams...

Here's the video. I already braced his legs for splayed legs but he's still tapping his feet up and down. I'll treat him in the morning with the poly-v, selenium, and Vit e. He's just sleeping a lot now. He was rambunctious when he first hatched. So I movd him to the brooder fairly quickly, so he wouldn't crack the eggs due tomorrow. I'm hoping he gets some friends tomorrow but he might have to be culled.

[VIDEO]

That is so cute! I can see why it would be worrisome, but if Ravyn says it happens, I believe her.

@RubyNala97 did you see my response in the multi-quote? No need to worry, don't cull the chick... happens quite frequently in short legged bantams...

Really?? My son went to bed crying, maybe I'll wake him to tell him! He's got a huge butt too! Looks like SC's chicks butt! He's super fluffy and was so strong when he hatched, so I was surprised. Excellent news! Should I do the poly-v still??

I forgot to ask you, take the vet tape off? And do booties instead?? Sorry, I'm so tired it's been a long day! Can I wait till morning? The chick is sound asleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom