Chickens, What's Not To Love!

Pigglebottoms

In the Brooder
Jan 15, 2020
UPDATED TO ADD PICS
Hi Everyone! Thank you for accepting me as a member of BYC! I never thought I would enjoy chickens so much. Honestly, the chickens were my husband's idea originally, I wanted the ducks 🤦We got a few ducks and chickens back in September 2019 just before moving to Eastern Tennessee. That was a crazy move! I'll be 46 the end of this month. My husband and I have 4 "children" between us -3 are over 21 years- and 3 grandbabies 💕 Moving away from family was tough but they all have lives of their own and encouraged us to live where we love. I was with an animal rescue in Michigan for over 20 years so we are a multi-pet family and I already miss fostering. I also ran/run a custom cake and cookie business. Leaving the hectic lifestyle was nice for a few months, but having the chickens helps keep me busy now and I adore them. We got our fist silkie recently and I am so in love with him. Can't wait to add more to our little flock! Looking forward to learning more in this group 😁
Mom of: 🐔🦆🐀🐖🐍🐉 🐹🐈🐕🐦

Attachments

Last edited:

BullChick

Enslaved by a Duckling
Premium member
Apr 17, 2012
Coffee shop

Pigglebottoms

In the Brooder
Jan 15, 2020
:welcome How wonderful that you already understand running a zoo! :lol: We would love to see all of your animals! Their pens, gardens, and whatever else!
Here are some links to threads you might be interested in.

Yes, and we actually call it our zoo lol Friends said I need to start calling it our farm now that we have the mini pigs, ducks & chickens.

Pigglebottoms

In the Brooder
Jan 15, 2020
Hello and welcome from Southeast TN! I started my first flock back in May though I had been wanting chickens for years. I knew I would like having chickens, I just didn't know how much. Looking forward to hearing more about your chickens and others animals. :)
My husband wanted the chickens, I wanted ducks, we both always wanted a pet pig... Note we have them all now 😜 Because of my rescue background, we always research before getting pets, but I know there's still a lot to learn from others who own them. I have had a slight bird fear since I was young. I always steered clear of chickens because of their beaks. Now I realize how silly that was. My husband used to laugh at me and say ducks bills hurt when they bite too, I just told him it was ok because they were cute lol I love my ducks but they're so messy. I've really fallen in love with these dang chickens though!

Top Bottom