Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Yes, it was perfect weather today! When we got home, it had obviously rained here at home, but we never hit rain on the way home. We were very happy to rehome our orange cat---i am sure he will LOVE being the center of the attention of his new owner!
smile.png
Also found a home for our silky duck with the crooked bill----I didn't want to breed her back to her father, but don't have enough pens to keep her separate. Speaking of pens, my hubby wanted to get the beautiful Appleyard ducks we saw, BUT we don't have enough pens to get more!
tongue.png
I am trying to avoid building more pens---our yard is very crowded as it is, and i don't have the time to build more housing either. Too much else already needing to be done first! So anyway, we sold some Seramas today, which was nice! I'm not sure if we can make the swap next Sunday, but maybe if we just come a bit late---I have a few more Seramas to sell....we'll have to see. Anyway, we had fun today and it was nice to see those of you who came.
smile.png

Thanks for Murphy Abby! We came back to our house with him and I put him in a big cage with a blanket, litter pan and some food and water, he cried for a while and then I covered half the cage with a blanket to sooth him and he fell asleep. My mom picked him up a few hours later and now he is at her house getting familiar with the house. I think he will be fine, I told her to just let him explore. He really is a pretty cat! And thanks to Official Inspector Clements for seeing to it that all animals were healthy and had access to food and water. Also for checking out Murphy for me too. Hopefully she can come to all swaps to see that things are run right and animals being sold have proper testing and are healthy and clean!

Quote:
Yes, it was perfect weather today! When we got home, it had obviously rained here at home, but we never hit rain on the way home. We were very happy to rehome our orange cat---i am sure he will LOVE being the center of the attention of his new owner!
smile.png
Also found a home for our silky duck with the crooked bill----I didn't want to breed her back to her father, but don't have enough pens to keep her separate. Speaking of pens, my hubby wanted to get the beautiful Appleyard ducks we saw, BUT we don't have enough pens to get more!
tongue.png
I am trying to avoid building more pens---our yard is very crowded as it is, and i don't have the time to build more housing either. Too much else already needing to be done first! So anyway, we sold some Seramas today, which was nice! I'm not sure if we can make the swap next Sunday, but maybe if we just come a bit late---I have a few more Seramas to sell....we'll have to see. Anyway, we had fun today and it was nice to see those of you who came.
smile.png

Thanks for Murphy Abby! We came back to our house with him and I put him in a big cage with a blanket, litter pan and some food and water, he cried for a while and then I covered half the cage with a blanket to sooth him and he fell asleep. My mom picked him up a few hours later and now he is at her house getting familiar with the house. I think he will be fine, I told her to just let him explore. He really is a pretty cat! And thanks to Official Inspector Clements for seeing to it that all animals were healthy and had access to food and water. Also for checking out Murphy for me too. Hopefully she can come to all swaps to see that things are run right and animals being sold have proper testing and are healthy and clean!

Darlene, we got Murphy last year from someone who was rehoming him due to being allergic to cats. Murphy took a few days to really settle in and feel at home, but i think that is fairly common. Some quiet space is good, and lots of gentle petting---he'll warm up soon enough. Without noisy kids and a bunch of other cats to compete with, i bet he settles in even faster with your mom! You saw today how much he loved being petted and loved on. My son mentioned that we hadn't brought any of his toys (I didn't think of it)---but Murphy always did enjoy those catnip toy mice.
smile.png

How could I forget? My son is tickled pink with his new baby duckling! Thank you Shay! So it's not an Indian Runner, but it is young and he is hand raising it! It is getting spoiled already---had several baths in the sink since we got home, and been cuddling on the couch too! I may need to come up with some duckling diapers! LOL! But for now, I think my son will have to keep some rags handy during cuddle time!
smile.png

Last edited:
Sounds like it was a good stock! We couldn't make it due to amanda's baby shower today. We're hoping to make it to next months as long as it's before baby arrives! Lol

It was great seeing everyone today, i think a lot was not able to come today due to the weather, it was raining in a lot of places today, it did drizzling this morning. So we all decided to do this again next weekend August 21, sunday. Yay!!
spread the word
wink.png

Thank you Howardacres for Scoop the ducky, she is soo adorible, i love her.

Patty i am glad you guys got momma duck and her babys.

Quote:
Shay, i am glad you like Scoop.
smile.png

The more we think about it, the more we think we really HAVE to attend next Sunday.
smile.png
We probably will be arriving later, closer to 10 am, becasue we will have a late night that Saturday before the swap on Sunday. But late is better than not at all!
smile.png
I hope the weather is good next weekend!

Darbella, do you want my modern game hen? I bought it at Westford from someone who said it was an Ameraucana chick. It's about 12 weeks old. You can PM me. Or anyone else that wants it.
Please help me find him/her a good home. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom