chickie cocktail gender guesses and breed

Pea comb still and always will be associated with blue eggs.
Not exactly true--Brahmas have pea combs and lay brown/tinted eggs. .

OP--since you have such a mix, it's going to be hard to sort out who is possibly who at least until they're fully feathered. I can tell you any dark chick with a white/cream spot on the head will be a male, from the barred rock hen. Other than that, you're just going to have to piece things together by comb, leg color, beard/muffs.

Not exactly true--Brahmas have pea combs and lay brown/tinted eggs. .

OP--since you have such a mix, it's going to be hard to sort out who is possibly who at least until they're fully feathered. I can tell you any dark chick with a white/cream spot on the head will be a male, from the barred rock hen. Other than that, you're just going to have to piece things together by comb, leg color, beard/muffs.

You are very right there!

Okay, I took another picture of them today. I'll try to get some more individual pictures later.
I'm pretty sure that Cheeky is a boy *sad face* his legs are much thicker than the other chick's. He's alsnfeathering out at a much slower rate.
Lemon is still very very small. Guess I just need to work on my patience!

Okay, I took another picture of them today. I'll try to get some more individual pictures later.
I'm pretty sure that Cheeky is a boy *sad face* his legs are much thicker than the other chick's. He's alsnfeathering out at a much slower rate.
Lemon is still very very small. Guess I just need to work on my patience!

Picture is too dark to see anything.

As you can see, they were not interested in having their picture taken! Sorry for the not so great photos. It would probably be better if I had someone to help me!

This is the beak coloration I'm wondering about.

Please pardon my fence/barricade made out of random stuff!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom