chicks hatching?

At any time!
Good luck!
Remember to be patient and not to help :)
Trying not to help is the hardest thing.
Some chicks are lazy hatchers. There is a REALLY good article someone has around here on helping them hatch.
One of the first things it says is BE PATIENT.

The babies will pip first (break a hole) then then will rest. The chick has to absorb the yolk in the egg before it zips itself out of the egg. My first hatching I saw it "pip" and just sat there for hours and did nothing but breathe and squeak. I couldn't stand it and decided to "help". I did this to 2 of them. One died, and one ALMOST died, but I nursed it back to health. There was blood EVERYWHERE. I had to feed it water with a eyedropper.

Hard lesson learned. Leave them alone, mother nature knows better then us. Someone can find the article if you need it. But remember don't do that if possible.

If they don't hatch the 21 then wait till the 24 if they still haven't hatched then they have probably died.
Not necessarily. A low temperature during incubation can delay the hatch by quite a while, surprisingly. Be pateint.
Trying not to help is the hardest thing.
Some chicks are lazy hatchers. There is a REALLY good article someone has around here on helping them hatch.
One of the first things it says is BE PATIENT.

The babies will pip first (break a hole) then then will rest. The chick has to absorb the yolk in the egg before it zips itself out of the egg. My first hatching I saw it "pip" and just sat there for hours and did nothing but breathe and squeak. I couldn't stand it and decided to "help". I did this to 2 of them. One died, and one ALMOST died, but I nursed it back to health. There was blood EVERYWHERE. I had to feed it water with a eyedropper.

Hard lesson learned. Leave them alone, mother nature knows better then us. Someone can find the article if you need it. But remember don't do that if possible.
Agreed,

Back
Top Bottom