Chicks in incubator

slvrphoenix

Songster
9 Years
May 24, 2010
cache valley ut
OK my hatch started today my first chick came around 4 a.m. the second one came around 10 30 am. So how long do you leave them in the incubator? I have 2 eggs that pipped about 11:30am or so. One of the poked a hole threw the membrane at about 6:15 and hasn't done anything since. How long after they punch the hole before I need to start worrying? The one egg I did watch was out within 10 minutes? I have six more eggs that haven't done anything yet.

Last edited:
I leave my chicks in the incubator until they are completely dry and running around freely (usually 2-3 days).
Don't worry about the chick that is taking longer to pip out of its shell. Some pop out in 10 minutes; some take 24 hours.
If you open the incubator to "help" it, you risk shrink wrapping it and killing it.
All you need to do right now is monitor your humidity level to keep it high for hatching.
Good luck!

I have not hatched any eggs yet, but from what I've read DO NOT remove the chicks until all eggs have hatched unless the chick is in trouble. Opening the incubator will cause the humidity to drop and possibly hurt the other hatching eggs. Do not help a chick out of the egg either. It can take over 24 hours for a chick to completely hatch, ever chick is different.

Sorry but I don't know how long to wait on the others before demeaning them gone.

Could somebody please let me know what the pink bubble stuck to my newborn baby chicks but is? It is trailed by what looks to be the umbilical cord. It looks like it's intestines are falling out. Please let me know.

Does it remind you of an umbilical cord if it does. Don't worry about it as they dry out it will disappear as they dry. A the chick will be fine.

sorry my wife posted in the wrong spot. I posted this in the emergencies forum and added a picture please take a look and tell me what you think.

I had the same thing happen with a chick I hatched the first of February. I left the chick alone - and within a few hours of being in the brooder, the umbilical cord looking thing dried up - broke off - and the chick is doing fine now. I didn't need to intervene at all.

Could somebody please let me know what the pink bubble stuck to my newborn baby chicks but is? It is trailed by what looks to be the umbilical cord. It looks like it's intestines are falling out. Please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom