FuzzyOwlFeet

Songster
May 5, 2021
I'm in the middle of hatching eggs, today is hatch day buy 4 hatched early yesterday. They are running around as chicks do, but they have pressed the remaining eggs against the sides of the incubator, my thermometer says on the edges it's 98⁰F. Those eggs are now showing no signs of life, I have not opened the incubator at all to really check.

Is it safe to quick open and push them all back to the center where it's warmer? At least one egg is pipped.

I'm very hesitant to mess with anything.

If your incubator maintains good humidity levels, I would quickly remove the chicks and reposition the eggs. Good luck.
Thank you, I'll do that in a little bit. One of the eggs in question has started to zip, hopefully it's fast and I can get that one out too at the same time.

Hi there!
You haven't taken the hatched chicks out yet?

The sooner you give them access to nutrition the better.

Opening the incubator quickly is not going to hurt a thing.
Hi, Kiki(Assuming that's your name)! :)

I just brought them out of the incubator about 15 minutes ago.
I probably did more damage to the eggs by letting the chicks run around and roll eggs like they're bowling balls than I would've if I had just snatched the chicks right away yesterday.
I let myself get too anxious reading about shrink wrapping chicks.

I really appreciate your message, thank you for taking the time to comment. Is it okay to give new babies nutri-drench water? I went to open my Sav-a-Chick packets and they were full of mold - I just bought them!

I probably did more damage to the eggs by letting the chicks run around and roll eggs like they're bowling balls than I would've if I had just snatched the chicks right away yesterday.

I really appreciate your message, thank you for taking the time to comment. Is it okay to give new babies nutri-drench water? I went to open my Sav-a-Chick packets and they were full of mold - I just bought them!
As long as it's quick I always remove hatched and put them in another incubator to dry out. Sometimes even just into brooder as long as it's in a warm controlled environment. And yes nutri-drench is a good pic me up for them gives them a quick energy boost. Really seems to get them on there feet and drinking and eating quick. I always start mine out on it.

Yes...it's totally ok to give the Nutri-Drench water...I highly recommend it.

Don't worry too much about opening the bator. I seriously open mine a thousand times each hatch/batch and I've never dealt with shrink wrap.

2 more chicks hatched early this morning. I decided to candle the rest of the eggs and I see no movement in any of them. No rolling, no peeping, no veins. Should I give them another few days or just call it and put the next batch in?

Back
Top Bottom