Chicks shipped

I already have 15 chickens. Two roosters. I ordered more hens because most of my hens are going to be five years old, and are going to stop laying eggs soon. I currently have 8 Rhode Island Red hens and two Rhode island red roosters, two part buff Orpington/Rhode island red hens, and 3 buff Orpington hens. I got all of the older hens from my grandfather, because they were being poorly cared for. I'm really surprised they lived as long as they have. They were carrying lots of diseases and illnesses when I got them two years ago.

Last edited:
Ooh! When are they old enough to start getting yogurt mixed in their food and all that?

Mine are a week old today and I've given them small amounts of soft scrambled eggs twice now. It is probably best to not give too much too quickly so as not to upset their little tummies. But that is just my guess. Also if you feed them treats make sure they have access to chick grit as well.

Sounds like they were lucky to have come into your care! I'm excited to figure out what kind of chicks my babies are. I ordered 1 silver laced wyandotte, but I can't even figure out which one she is!

pic 1 - hopefully I didn't already post this one. Finally got them off of my phone and on the computer.

Pic 2 - thirsty chicks after their trip!

pic 3- Brownie and another chick figuring out the feeder

pic 4 - Silkie getting a drink.

pic 5 - my brother named her happy..

pic 6 - because she has a smiley face on her head!!

Todays update:

The chicks are all very well and VERY rowdy! they are all over the place! :) they are pretending to be woodpeckers and pecking the side of the tub and they found one spot that they like to dig all the pine shavings from. one of my easter eggers wings are already half way feathered! I know they grow fast but I don't remember them growing this fast! Some of them are starting to get their tail feathers too. Still have no idea which one is my silver laced wyandotte.. I think I have 1 barred rock..
Here's some new individual pics. :)

Happy ^

Brownie ^

I wonder what she is? ^

Thinking she's maybe an EE? ^

awwww.... cutie pies
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom