Chinese Painted (Button) Quail..........Share Your Pictures!!!!

Haha lol
lol.png
gig.gif

Awww he sounds so adorable!!! I didn't know that males could die without a female

Yes I have first hand experience! My female escaped because my daughter aged 2 tried to hold her and the male was soo depressed after that, he committed Suicide by not eating or drinking and standing in the one spot to freeze to death. It was soo sad I was desperately looking for a female but no females were available!!!
1f61e.png
1f61e.png
1f61e.png
1f62d.png
1f622.png

Yes I have first hand experience! My female escaped because my daughter aged 2 tried to hold her and the male was soo depressed after that, he committed Suicide by not eating or drinking and standing in the one spot to freeze to death. It was soo sad I was desperately looking for a female but no females were available!!!
1f61e.png
1f61e.png
1f61e.png
1f62d.png
1f622.png
Should a similar situation occur again - be aware that a male might actually substitute the dead female. In my experience, male buttons do not fight if there are no females around, even if they are mature males that did not previously know each other.
I had two males together and one was caught by a cat during cage transfer. I got it away from the cat, but it died after a couple of days and the remaining one was crying and pacing back and forth. I also had a group of 8 males. I thought it was a little too risky to put him in their cage, so I took one of them and put in his cage instead. The crying and pacing stopped and I didn't see any indication of fighting - I'm thinking it might even have worked to put him with the 8 roos.

Hey all, I have 2 pairs of button quail, and I am wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on breeding them, because I have had them for ages now, and they live on the bottom of my budgies aviary. Would love to see some babies running around in there but they haven't seemed to be bothered with reproducing. They have place to hide, and good food and water, heaps of space for their tiny selves. So I don't know what more I could be doing. Tips?

Thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom