Chloe my blue runner has a bad sore.

yarnchick

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 19, 2013
Chloe is the runner that had leg and foot issues when she was little. She fell the other day going downhill trying to keep up with the others. She has not been doing to good. Today when she came out of pool I noticed her belly between legs and up from her but hole was swollen. I picked her up and got blood all over. Turned her over and she has what appears to be an open callas wound where she has drug her little bottom. I have white iodine, triple antibiotic for farm critters znd vetracin. Besides soaking in warm water and using the meds I need help. Thanks

She needs a vet right away. It may be a prolapse, she could be eggbound. Are there drakes in the flock? She needs to be separated.

Give her time in a tub of lukewarm water

Clean the wound carefully

Is it her vent?

Are there fly eggs? If so those need to be removed carefully - hydrogen peroxide may help.

Rinse the wound with mild saline solution, several times a day

She really needs a vet

Last edited:
Chloe is the runner that had leg and foot issues when she was little. She fell the other day going downhill trying to keep up with the others. She has not been doing to good. Today when she came out of pool I noticed her belly between legs and up from her but hole was swollen. I picked her up and got blood all over. Turned her over and she has what appears to be an open callas wound where she has drug her little bottom. I have white iodine, triple antibiotic for farm critters znd vetracin. Besides soaking in warm water and using the meds I need help. Thanks
@Amiga is correct, a vet would be the best thing because there is a very good chance that this could kill her. If you can't get her to a vet can you post pictures of it?

-Kathy

It is with sad heart I tell you that Chloe did not make it. Even if I would have had a vet and money it would not have saved her. She had to many other structure issues. I knew early on she would not have a long life. She gave me a lot of love and happiness in her 2+ years.i was always afraid of egg empaction. She was kind of deformed. But she was the sweetest little bundle of joy. Thanks for all your thoughts and imput. This group is the greatest..

It is with sad heart I tell you that Chloe did not make it. Even if I would have had a vet and money it would not have saved her. She had to many other structure issues. I knew early on she would not have a long life. She gave me a lot of love and happiness in her 2+ years.i was always afraid of egg empaction. She was kind of deformed. But she was the sweetest little bundle of joy. Thanks for all your thoughts and imput. This group is the greatest..
So sorry
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom