Chocolate and Blue Orpington color genetics

Blue split Chocolate x Mauve = Mauve pullets, Chocolate pullets, splash+choc pullets Splash pullets, blue pullets black pullets Chocolate cockerels, splash+choccockerels, mauve cockerels and Blue split Chocolate cockerels black split to choc cockerels splash split to choc cockerels
Black split Chocolate x Mauve = Mauve pullets, Chocolate pullets, Blue pullets, black pullets Chocolate cockerels, mauve cockerels Blue cockerels, Blue split Chocolate , and Black split Chocolate cockerels
Was this the part about mauve cockerels?
The females are mauve so they carry choc and pass it on to their sons. The male are split to choc so half their offspring will get a choc gene and half won't. The half that do will have two copies then one from mother and one from father.[/QUOTE]

Oh I realize what I did. I was just using a punnett, when I should have been using a Dihybrid punnett square.
Lol
I don't use punnett squares I had to look at "Dihybrid" punnett square for a second to figure out what it meant.
I just got everything genetic stuck in my head. I just break it down, figure each piece out then stick those all together.
Sure it don't sound it but its easier for me then trying to use punnett squares with multiple genes all in play at once.

That's really awesome that you have all of that figured out! I really appreciate all your help. I guess it's just easier for me to see an example of something until I learn all of it. This is my revised version:

Males are ZZ and females are ZW. Z is a longer chromosome than W, so males have two copies of some genes that females are only able to have one copies of. These are called sex-linked genes.

Roosters need 2 copies of the chocolate gene to have the chocolate coloring, while hens only need 1 copy of the chocolate gene.

Chocolate gene is sex-linked

Chocolate x Chocolate = 100% Chocolate pullets and cockerels
Chocolate x Black = Chocolate pullets and Black split to Chocolate cockerels
Black x Chocolate = Black pullets and Black split to Chocolate cockerels
Black split Chocolate x Chocolate = Chocolate pullets, Black pullets, Chocolate cockerels, and Black split Chocolate cockerels
Black split Chocolate x Black = Chocolate pullets, Black pullets, Black cockerels, Black split Chocolate cockerels

The genotype of a chocolate male is choc/choc, while the genotype of a chocolate female is choc/-
The genotype of a male spilt to chocolate is Choc+/choc, females are unable to be split to chocolate
The genotype of a non-chocolate male is Choc+/Choc+, while the genotype of a non-chocolate female is Choc+/-

Blue (Bbs) Gene is NOT sex linked

Blue x Blue = 25% splash, 25% black, 50% blue
Black x Blue = 50% Black, 50% Blue
Splash x Blue = 50% Splash, 50% Blue
Splash x Black = 100% Blue
Splash x Splash = 100% Splash
Black x Black = 100% Black

The genotype for Splash is Bl/Bl
The genotype for Blue is Bl/bl+
The genotype for Black is bl+/bl+

Mauve genetics

Chocolate x Splash = Mauve pullets and Blue split Chocolate cockerels
Chocolate x Blue = Mauve pullets, Chocolate pullets, Blue split Chocolate cockerels, and Black split Chocolate cockerels
Chocolate x Chocolate Splash = Mauve pullets and cockerels
Chocolate Splash x Blue
= Mauve pullets, Chocolate Splash pullets, Blue split Chocolate cockerels, and Splash split Chocolate cockerels
Chocolate Splash x Chocolate
= Mauve pullets and cockerels
Chocolate Splash x Chocolate Splash
= Mauve pullets, Chocolate Splash pullets, Mauve cockerels, Chocolate Splash pullets
Blue x Chocolate Splash
= Mauve pullets, Chocolate Splash pullets, Blue split Chocolate cockerels, and Splash split Chocolate cockerels
Blue split Chocolate x Splash
= Mauve pullets, Chocolate Splash pullets, Blue pullets, Splash pullets, Splash cockerels, Blue cockerels, Blue split Chocolate cockerels, and Splash split Chocolate cockerels
Blue split Chocolate x Blue = Mauve pullets, Chocolate pullets, Chocolate Splash pullets, Blue pullets, Splash pullets, Black pullets, Blue cockerels, Splash cockerels, Black cockerels, Blue split Chocolate cockerels, Splash split Chocolate cockerels, and Black split Chocolate cockerels
Blue split Chocolate x Chocolate Splash = Mauve pullets, Chocolate Splash pullets, Blue pullets, Splash pullets, Mauve cockerels, Chocolate Splash cockerels, Blue split Chocolate cockerels, and Splash split Chocolate cockerels
Splash split Chocolate x Blue
= Mauve pullets, Chocolate Splash pullets, Blue pullets, Splash pullets, Blue cockerels, Splash cockerels, Blue split Chocolate cockerels, and Splash split Chocolate cockerels
Black split Chocolate x Splash
= Mauve pullets, Blue pullets, Blue cockerels, and Blue split Chocolate cockerels
Black split Chocolate x Blue = Mauve pullets, Chocolate pullets, Blue pullets, Black pullets, Blue cockerels, Black cockerels, Blue split Chocolate cockerels, and Black split Chocolate cockerels
Black split Chocolate x Chocolate Splash = Mauve pullets, Blue pullets, Mauve cockerels, and Blue split to Chocolate cockerels

Breeding Mauves genetics

Chocolate x Mauve = Mauve pullets, Chocolate pullets, Chocolate cockerels, and Blue split Chocolate cockerels
Chocolate Splash x Mauve = Mauve pullets, Chocolate Splash pullets, Mauve cockerels, and Chocolate Splash cockerels
Blue split Chocolate x Mauve
= Mauve pullets, Chocolate pullets, Chocolate Splash pullets, Blue pullets, Splash pullets, Black pullets, Mauve cockerels, Chocolate cockerels, Chocolate Splash cockerels, Splash cockerels, Blue split Chocolate cockerels, Splash split Chocolate cockerels, and Black split Chocolate cockerels
Splash split Chocolate x Mauve = Mauve pullets, Chocolate Splash pullets, Blue pullets, Splash pullets, Mauve cockerels, Chocolate Splash cockerels, Blue split Chocolate cockerels, and Splash split Chocolate cockerels
Black split Chocolate x Mauve
= Mauve pullets, Chocolate pullets, Blue pullets, Black pullets, Mauve cockerels, Chocolate cockerels, Blue split Chocolate cockerels, and Black split Chocolate cockerels
Mauve x Mauve = Mauve pullets, Chocolate pullets, Chocolate Splash pullets, Mauve cockerels, Chocolate cockerels, Chocolate Splash cockerels
Mauve x Chocolate
= Mauve pullets, Chocolate pullets, Mauve cockerels, and Chocolate cockerels
Mauve x Chocolate Splash
= Mauve pullets, Chocolate Splash pullets, Mauve pullets, and Chocolate Splash pullets
Mauve x Blue
= Mauve pullets, Chocolate pullets, Chocolate Splash pullets, Blue split Chocolate cockerels, Splash split Chocolate cockerels, and Black split Chocolate cockerels
Mauve x Splash
Splash x Mauve = Blue pullets, Splash pullets, Splash split Chocolate cockerels, and Blue split Chocolate cockerels
Blue x Mauve = Blue pullets, Splash pullets, Black pullets, Blue split Chocolate cockerels, Splash split Chocolate cockerels, and Black split Chocolate cockerels

Other breeding genetics

Chocolate Splash x Splash = Chocolate Splash pullets and Splash split Chocolate cockerels
Splash x Chocolate
= Blue pullets, and Blue split Chocolate cockerels
Splash x Chocolate Splash = Blue pullets, Splash pullets, Blue split Chocolate cockerels, and Splash split Chocolate cockerels
Blue x Chocolate
= Blue pullets, Black pullets, Blue split Chocolate cockerels, and Black split Chocolate cockerels
Splash split Chocolate x Splash = Chocolate Splash pullets, Splash pullets, Splash cockerels, and Splash split Chocolate cockerels
Splash split Chocolate x Chocolate Splash
= Chocolate Splash pullets, Splash pullets, Chocolate Splash cockerels, and Splash split to Chocolate cockerels

Back
Top Bottom