Chocolate Bantam Orpingtons - Direct UK Import

Quote:
Thanks! I appreciate your business and stopping by to check out the birds first hand. You seeing them first hand can attest that the pictures don't do anything for the 'real touch and feel' of the birds.

Your birds will be the first ones out of the batch.

Congrats!!

I have question, the english bantams are bigger than our bantams, so are you going to use American Black Orp Bantams to try and bring the size down some? I am sure that some poultry folks would love to show the Choc Orps and I think size will be an issue in the Bantams.

Jerry

Quote:
We are looking at some show quality US standard Black Bantam Orps in the coming weeks. Since we have more than one rooster - part of me wants to 'downsize' the birds - then another part wants to keep 100% UK bloodline. This is going to have to be an experiment. I will update once I get more information.

Thanks for asking!

Quote:
I looking to go toward Choc Cuckoo from here... but I might look at the Mauve's. I appreciate the suggestion!

Ok cool, choc cuckoo would be really cool looking.

Quote:
I looking to go toward Choc Cuckoo from here... but I might look at the Mauve's. I appreciate the suggestion!

You can check our website for updates.

Quote:

Dang I was looking at your website and I wish I had your set up.

Beautiful!
love.gif

Quote:

Dang I was looking at your website and I wish I had your set up.

Thanks! It is great for my application. We spent about 6 months in design with commercial chicken growers, high end backyard chicken enthusiasts, and design people. I am a 4th generation farmer - therefore I had a good bit of experience in how I have raised chickens, cows, hogs, sheep, goats all of my families life..... a lot of that design just came from 'knowing' what to do. It makes it much easier to design something when you have someone there that has years in physically doing the work. We use to spend 1 hr per day at minimum washing waterers, feeding and gathering eggs for just 25 head of chickens. Now we spend about 25 minutes to do that same for over 100 birds......!!!

I will caution anyone looking at the facility that there are numerous 'small' things that come together that makes this work....concrete walls on the back side of the pen, complete enclosure and sand inside the pen are example of how our pens help greatly reduce the temperature for our birds. The watering system design (which we sell on our site) helps maintain adequate clean consistent water without the hassle of dealing with large buckets or containers of water. In the background there is a extensive water flow and filtration system that makes sure our water going to our birds are free of any contaminants. In reality the birds have better drinking water than most people have in their houses. There is also a septic tank system installed just to handle the wash out from the brooder room. I could go on and on about the many items that make up the facility... but I need to leave that for another day when I break all of the items down in detail and place on our site.

In the end .. I was asked by several people... what does something like that cost? My response is - you can start with about $ 45,000 and that should get you close. However we have worked with local chicken enthusiasts and have designed some pens that are much more on a small scale using some, but not all, of the features.

Best Regards,
Richard

Back
Top Bottom