Christmas discussion!

So who's got favorite Christmas recipes?

One of the things I do every year is a German Stollen. This is the Hans Röckenwagner recipe from the NYT that I use. It's nice because he uses conventional dried fruit that isn't cloying and just a bit of candied orange peel. I candy my orange peel right after Thanksgiving and save enough to dip whole strips in chocolate for Christmas. I also save the syrup and pull that out again in the Summer to sweeten iced tea.

Röckenwagner doesn't use marzipan but I like it and it's simple to add. Just smack down the length of your dough just to one side of the center with a rolling pin at the final proof. Lay the strip of marzipan down the middle and then that deep dent will allow the top to stay folded over during the rise and the baking.
That sounds delicious!

I grew up in a non religious home. We didn't go to any church. My Mom would always have all the family come to our home for a big Thanksgiving sit-down dinner. She would then decorate for Christmas and the next "tradition" was a big family Christmas Eve party with a serve yourself buffet. As the youngest daughter I have continued both of those traditions, however, I am now a Christian (and our son is a Pastor!). So now our decorations include a big lit Jesus sign, (husband made it) & a nativity, things like that. The family and food and the love shown is still the most important, we just believe that (for us) "Jesus is the reason for the season"!
View attachment 1618592
That’s a beautiful sign! Yes, since My family and I are Catholic, we celebrate Jesus and also the love we have for each other on the holidays.

Only 6 days left until Christmas!!
Has anyone ever made Muddy Buddies before? They’re really good.

Here’s the recipe:

9 cups of Chex mix

1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips (I use semisweet, but any kind is fine)

1 cup of peanut butter

Powdered sugar

Melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter on the stove until melted and mixed together. Pour onto the Chex mix and make sure that the Chex mix is throughly coated with the mixture. Then just add powdered sugar until it has covered the Chex mix.

I haven't see that. Is it a sort of documentary or a drama of his life?

I don't think I know anything about Charles Dickens in spite of having read most of his stories. I wonder why I never wondered about that...
It’s not a documentary, I’d label it as a historical fiction movie about him and how he made the book. It’s true that he actually grew up in a workhouse because his father was in prison for his debts.

Look who just joined my girl on the tree!

IMG_1689.jpg

This one just arrive from a friend who enjoys me enjoying my chickens! And the sad part is she's too far away for me to share any of the eggs with.

I am just going to have to sit down and think of the right names for these ladies. Anyone with any ideas? What breeds do you think they are? ...because I usually use their breed to find a name with an alliteration to it. Maybe the standing hen is a Buff Orpington and this sittlng one is a ... a ....?????

OH! I've got one! The standing one can be Bufana after the Italian Christmas Witch, La Bufana. Perfect! Now I need a name for her new buddy.

Look who just joined my girl on the tree!

View attachment 1621695

This one just arrive from a friend who enjoys me enjoying my chickens! And the sad part is she's too far away for me to share any of the eggs with.

I am just going to have to sit down and think of the right names for these ladies. Anyone with any ideas?
:clap That looks like a Becka to me.

Back
Top Bottom