Christmas Geese and Appleyard Ducks

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
Here are some updated photos of my Geese and the Silver Appleyard Ducks.

Some of the geese are about 22lbs now. Getting really close to dispatching time.

geese1-2.jpg

geese2-2.jpg

ducks1-2.jpg

ducks-3.jpg

They look great! The first pic...of the geese...the one closest to the camera...I want that one!! YUMMY fat goose! LOL Will you dispatch ALL the geese and ducks for the freezer!?

They are looking great! What kind of geese are those again? They look like a managable size to have around the yard while still growing a nice size bird for the freezer. I have a pasture that they would look great in!

The geese are a mix - 8 embdens, 2 giant buff dewlap toulouse, 1 sebbie and my 3 mutts I first ever hatched.

The 8 embdens are for Christmas goose.

The 2 toulouse are my favs followed by the sebbie.

I need to rehome the 3 mutts but so far my heart strings are tied a bit tight.

just - that is an embden - those are over 20lbs each now.
smile.png

The embdens are 25 weeks old. The toulouse are 23 weeks old and the male is bigger than the embdens. They are on pasture with Purina Flock Raiser and I am now feeding them out on some corn for a nice fatty goose for the Christmas table.

our three children requested goose for Christmas dinner next year. now i am convinced.

now, just to figure out how many i want to do? might as well get a good sized gaggle....can eat them all year or sell them i guess!

such beautiful birds, MissPrissy!

I love my geese and ducks too. My DH calls them my posse because they all come running everytime I go towards the pasture. Your ducks are pretty, I may need to get some of those
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom