Christmas present from my chickens! First egg!!

I got my first EE egg on Christmas as well. I have had chickens for a few years but to see a green/blue egg in the box was so exciting! It was pretty small but the successive ones have been a little bigger. The charts say EE lay medium eggs but Stacy you said yours was a double yoker???? Wow, that is great. I hope mine lay some of those for me :) I haven't had one of those since my Golden Wyndottes.

Great! I can't fill my cartons because we are eating them as fast as they are coming. I love eggs, my dogs love eggs and I hard boil some and feed them back to my girls. They love eggs, too! Going down again shortly to check for more. This is sure fun! HAPPY NEW EGG YEAR!

Great!  I can't fill my cartons because we are eating them as fast as they are coming.  I love eggs, my dogs love eggs and I hard boil some and feed them back to my girls. They love eggs, too! Going down again shortly to check for more.  This is sure fun!   HAPPY NEW EGG YEAR!

Told the hubby I would break down and we could eat the eggs tomorrow morning. I'm weird about saving and hanging onto things! lol! I keep telling myself that soon I will have eggs coming out my ears!

Hi,
I have to tell everyone that I finally got my 1st egg today New Years Day 2014 around 1:30PM. It is a soft blue egg from my Pearl who is an Amerucana. I picked her up about 2 weeks ago along with a Wyandotte. They both have acted like they have been afraid of all the other 6 birds and have been spending a lot of time in the coop. My Rooster has been going in and talking to them and they will come out but get chased and they go right back in. This morning Pearl was talking constantly in a low voice as she sat on the ladder to the coop so think she was getting serious about laying. She is the sweetst of all the birds. Loves to be petted and I do favor her the most. I have had all the other hens longer but none of them have laid any eggs They should start any time.

Hi,
I have to tell everyone that I finally got my 1st egg today New Years Day 2014 around 1:30PM. It is a soft blue egg from my Pearl who is an Amerucana. I picked her up about 2 weeks ago along with a Wyandotte. They both have acted like they have been afraid of all the other 6 birds and have been spending a lot of time in the coop. My Rooster has been going in and talking to them and they will come out but get chased and they go right back in. This morning Pearl was talking constantly in a low voice as she sat on the ladder to the coop so think she was getting serious about laying. She is the sweetst of all the birds. Loves to be petted and I do favor her the most. I have had all the other hens longer but none of them have laid any eggs They should start any time.

Congratulations! And, Happy New year!
woot.gif

Hi,
I have to tell everyone that I finally got my 1st egg today New Years Day 2014 around 1:30PM.  It is a soft blue egg from my Pearl who is an Amerucana.  I picked her up about 2 weeks ago along with a Wyandotte.  They both have acted like they have been afraid of all the other 6 birds and have been spending a lot of time in the coop.  My Rooster has been going in and talking to them and they will come out but get chased and they go right back in.  This morning Pearl was talking constantly in a low voice as she sat on the ladder to the coop so think she was getting serious about laying.  She is the sweetst of all the birds.  Loves to be petted and I do favor her the most.  I have had all the other hens longer but none of them have laid any eggs They should start any time. 

Congrats!!! first eggs are so exciting!! So are 2nd and 3rd and so on! I don't think I will ever get over the excitement of finding eggs in the box :) we ate all the ones we had this morning. They were so delicious!! I will never eat a store egg again!

Back
Top Bottom