Chukar pipping!!! HELP

lunaheather1

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 30, 2011
Red Bluff CA
Ok so I rescued 5 Chukar eggs from a mommy chukar that died. I put them in an incubator and 9 days later 1 has pipped. I noticed it this morning around 8:30 am when I went to turn them. So this lil one has made a small hole and enlarged maybe a half a cm since when I noticed it. Now I see her beak at the opening of the hole and once in a while see her moving slightly in and out. Is she ok in there? How long before she starts making more of a breakthrough? I am shocked any of them are pipping cuz for about 4 days nothing was sitting on them but the temp was getting up to 101 during that time. Could she be stuck. Maybe too weak. Please let me know! BTW its now 9:40 pm so about 13-14 hours now!

Last edited:
Give them time, is the humidity right in your incubator? If they dry out they can get stuck, then you might need to get a damp paper towel or something and wrap that egg in it leaving the hole that chick has pecked open uncovered to raise the humidity.

Friend is on his way over with a humidity guage. I am super new to this. also I just noticed another one with a pip on the top! And I see another one with a pip close to the bottom (small side) and it has like yolk coming out of it and it doesnt smell very good do you know what that means? IS it rotten? I have been super gentle with them I dont think i cracked it.

Back
Top Bottom