Cinnamon Swirl eggs!!!

This is a fascinating thought. The rest of her egg is almost impossible to crack. But I notice her eggs do crack at the swirl sometimes. Never thought about it being something to do with the actual swirl being less sturdy. The rest of the egg certainly makes up for it. Once cracked the egg is sort of weird inside. The whites are more like jelly and don’t really stick to the yolk. Very weird egg!
My first thought too was that the swirl was thin and porous.
Shelling glitch......could be temporary but more likely permanent.
The yolk and whites being odd also points to some anatomical anomaly in the reproductive system.

I do, I got her as a hatching egg from a local backyard hen enthusiast. She hatched out of a very dark brown egg, so I’m assuming she’s half marans. The father options were, death layer, olive egger, or ayam cemani. After seeing her eggs and her markings I believe she’s a marans ayam cemani mix! Here’s a screenshot from a video I took of her today 😆View attachment 2492423
She looks a lot like a Deathlayer for sure, so I'd say BCM (if that has to be one half) x Deathlayer. Eggs rotate as they go through the egg duct, hence the swirl of color. I bet her eggs re not staying in the egg duct long enough at certain points to get a more oval shape or lay the last coloring down correctly. Assuming she's a new layer, it will probably work itself out in a few months time.

Back
Top Bottom