Cinnamon Swirl eggs!!!

I have a bird that is giving me the craziest eggs. Anyone have any idea what’s going on here? Or what might cause this? All of her eggs look like this! They are also very very round. View attachment 2492398
It's just a strange way the calcium & color is deposited on the egg. Interestingly, some breeds' eggs deposit color on the top layer of the shell and some bear eggs where the color is all the way through. I have a few like that too although they only come out round once in a while. I have five different breeds and they all lay a very different type of egg. Here's to individuality!

I'm not sure what could be causing it but you have some cool eggs!
From what I remember, blue egg color is laid down at the beginning of the egg cycle and brown egg color is at the end, so her cycle is some what off, also is the swirl bumpy, could be extra calcium. If her shell is strong, I would not worry about it, it is just an odd color for now.

I do, I got her as a hatching egg from a local backyard hen enthusiast. She hatched out of a very dark brown egg, so I’m assuming she’s half marans. The father options were, death layer, olive egger, or ayam cemani. After seeing her eggs and her markings I believe she’s a marans ayam cemani mix! Here’s a screenshot from a video I took of her today 😆View attachment 2492423
I think she really means it 🤣

Back
Top Bottom