Cloaca plugged - pictures in post

You can slow down her laying with dark, but if there is already an egg, I believe it will need to come out. Is the opening where the greenish area (poop?) is?

Now that it’s been soaked and debrided, it almost looks like lash egg, except for the bleeding tissue. It’s like her cloaca walls are all infected or something. I’m wondering if soaks in something more antiseptic like chlorhexidine might be good, or if that would impose danger of it leaking inside. Anyone?

You can treat pain and inflammation with ibuprofen, but not for long. I had an avian vet prescribe ibuprofen at 0.8mL x 20mg/mL for 7-pound bird, twice daily for 3 days.

It is not infected now. The tissue is definitely dry and there is no pus.

I unplugged her somehow. See the picture of the huge poop that came out.

I was able to scrape off the dry stuff, she didn’t complain but she checked at the back what I was doing when she felt a large dry gunk pull out, and just stood there and let me continue. I saw a few times she shook her butt like she wanted to poop, I think she had the urge when I was pulling out dry stuff and most of it came off without ripping the skin. There was not more bleeding than before.

The poop is soft and green, 3 times the size of a broody poop and about the same smell. It was just coming out and out and out non stop. Shocking.

Anyway, I put her back into the warm water to help it calm down. The opening is now visible inside. Now I just have to make sure that it stays clean and won’t be infected.

I just gave her a break to post this update. I think I am going to use preparation h
0B408911-3F42-45AD-A616-68145162D9A6.jpeg
03B0AB61-EBA9-4C44-8183-98C059AF19A1.jpeg

Wow...I bet she feels soooo much better.
Good job.:clap
It is not infected now. The tissue is definitely dry and there is no pus.

I unplugged her somehow. See the picture of the huge poop that came out.

I was able to scrape off the dry stuff, she didn’t complain but she checked at the back what I was doing when she felt a large dry gunk pull out, and just stood there and let me continue. I saw a few times she shook her butt like she wanted to poop, I think she had the urge when I was pulling out dry stuff and most of it came off without ripping the skin. There was not more bleeding than before.

The poop is soft and green, 3 times the size of a broody poop and about the same smell. It was just coming out and out and out non stop. Shocking.

Anyway, I put her back into the warm water to help it calm down. The opening is now visible inside. Now I just have to make sure that it stays clean and won’t be infected.

I just gave her a break to post this update. I think I am going to use preparation hView attachment 1904748View attachment 1904753

cocunut oil from both ends maybe, you can freeze it and give it to here in little pieces to help out regular for the vent area, and I would do at least 2 warm epsom salt soaks a day for at least 10 minutes each or as long as she will tolerate it without getting chilled.

The preperation H was a good idea too

She is getting coconut oil, greek yogurt and docusate stool softener. She got one docusate sodium after lunch. I think that made a huge difference today. I expected that poop to be a hard ball of urate but it wasn’t that. So it must have been a fly strike and the injury got her plugged. I am sorry I didn’t notice sooner. I saw she had a dirty backside and I worried about the flies, but when she perched on the roof beam, I couldn’t see any bugs.

I checked for a stuck egg and there isn’t one in there. What I can feel is not a ready egg. Also the cavity does not have any more poop.

The top part of the cloaca is clear now and movable (it can wink) and it isn’t scarred or bleeding. Hopefully that will give her enough stretch if she needs to lay an egg.

She is getting coconut oil, greek yogurt and docusate stool softener. She got one docusate sodium after lunch. I think that made a huge difference today. I expected that poop to be a hard ball of urate but it wasn’t that. So it must have been a fly strike and the injury got her plugged. I am sorry I didn’t notice sooner. I saw she had a dirty backside and I worried about the flies, but when she perched on the roof beam, I couldn’t see any bugs.

I checked for a stuck egg and there isn’t one in there. What I can feel is not a ready egg. Also the cavity does not have any more poop.

The top part of the cloaca is clear now and movable (it can wink) and it isn’t scarred or bleeding. Hopefully that will give her enough stretch if she needs to lay an egg.

sounds like you got it under control and are doing great with her. She's gonna love you for ever as she's feeling better lol

Back
Top Bottom