Cloaca plugged - pictures in post

This one is from this evening. We are still continuing the preparation h and the docusate sodium because when she poops she can’t cut and it just stays on her or hangs out. I think it’s better to keep the stool softer until she heals inside. That part is hard to do because I can’t see it all over. This last part on the bottom is tough and thick and I can’t grab it to break off. Maybe tomorrow.
31DE5C5C-0D52-4552-BA80-380D95783483.jpeg

071A4426-553C-4468-AD76-6C7C1657130C.jpeg

I managed to remove the last pieces on the outside. The inside is a tough spot because I can’t get to it easily. Every time I try it just starts to bleed. I will let her heal a bit and see if they will fall off over time.
There is preparation h on it now so it stops the bleeding and covers the skin.

The thing is she is pooping on her own now but the stool is really sticky and formed. I think it should be wetter than it is. She almost always has poop stuck at the exit. I wonder if it is from the scar tissue inside.

Does anybody know how long I can continue the stool softener and the coconut oil? Is the oil healthy on the long run? She is eating layer pellets, fermented fruits from my kombucha, and free ranges on grass. She gets a teaspoon coconut oil and a teaspoon greek yogurt with the Colace in the morning and evening.

She does not cry anymore when she poops and she sleeps all night and sounds comfortable. She is pretty skinny. She looks the smallest among all the hens but I cut off the feathers on the back so she is not fluffy there.

Is there such a thing as a pasty butt in grown up hen?
Yup, it can happen to any aged bird.
Hard to say what damage has occurred that is affecting the muscles and tissue that control excretion.
Maybe discontinue the softener but keep up the coconut oil...see how it 'goes'.

Is there such a thing as a pasty butt in grown up hen? That’s what she looks like to me when I bring her inside in the evening. Dirty with stuff inside that I have to scrape out.
Great job getting that cleaned up! :bow
How would you feel about treating her with antibiotics and a de-wormer? If she were mine, that's what I could do.

Back
Top Bottom