Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I am growing fatigued with the intrigue of this thread. To increase odds it resolved to the interest of most interested parties I submitted the following to the Golden History Museum & Park. They can peruse this thread to see several parties are interested and make adjustments as they see fit in light of the interest.

You have a party contacting a website I frequent. She is concerned the quality of care your chickens are getting is substandard. I have worked with displays like you have at other institutions so feel it is appropriate to contact you about it. I suggest someone look into the thread linked below to the website where they can get a handle on the concerns being expressed.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...e-animal-neglect-in-a-public-park-co.1285596/

The only major concern I have pertains to the rodent issues that are causing more trouble than to just the feed consumption, they appear to be undermining your infrastructure which is a frequent problem for agriculture producers I work with.

I also super appreciate the advice of others here who suggested calling the Humane Society, Animal Control, local newspaper/news channel, PETA, other authorities. If we keep seeing alarming situations at the coop, we'll have to take that route.
Answer to your question @MissChick@dee ^
Okay not to repeat myself. I have not read all the posts to be honest. But have you called the Humane Society? They have knowledgeable investigators. My first flock was from the Humane Society via a co-worker. Have you called or gone in and spoke to someone there?

Last edited:
Is it possible for you to get pictures of the chicken(s) limping with bumble foot or even pictures that show the scabs? It might also help to get clear evidence of the chickens with sour crop, worms, mites, etc.
Most definitely! I will keep trying to get more proof on the bumble foot. Oftentimes when they're sunning far away from the fence my phone camera zoom would to weak to focus, it also refocuses on the chicken wire in front of me a lot. I go there once a week only now. But I'll keep trying.
I've asked a few volunteers (sometimes whenever I'd met them there) to pick up a chicken or two and see the scabs, they said they don't know how to pick up a chicken and don't wish to cause stress to the birds. My volunteer friend, even though super kind and involved, seems to think such an action would be "going behind the museum's back":confused:
Okay not to repeat myself. I have not read all the posts to be honest. But have you called the Humane Society? They have knowledgeable investigators. My first flock was from the Humane Society via a co-worker. Have you called or gone in and spoke to someone there?
So...does this mean it doesn't matter what improvements are being made, the main objective is to report this museum?

So...does this mean it doesn't matter what improvements are being made, the main objective is to report this museum?
Huh? The Humane Society’s investigators are educators people wise enough to know that education and guidance is the way to turn around bad situations. To understand and correct the problem it needs to be addressed from all sides not just one. You can’t teach someone if they cannot first acknowledge there’s a problem. There are people who will work with you. Teach you. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. So I’m probably misunderstanding that reporting is a bad thing?

In a way you did by quoting what you did in post #96 without providing context. You "re-tweeted".

I quoted it to answer @MissChick@dee's question-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom