Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Huh? The Humane Society’s investigators are educators people wise enough to know that education and guidance is the way to turn around bad situations. To understand and correct the problem it needs to be addressed from all sides not just one. You can’t teach someone if they cannot first acknowledge there’s a problem. There are people who will work with you. Teach you. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. So I’m probably misunderstanding that reporting is a bad thing?
@centrarchid submitted a very clear and concise letter informing the museum of this thread. The letter is absent of inflammatory wording; it should be well received and it would be surprising if it did not yield positive results. Your comment was posted directly after.

@HensSweetHens has commented that changes have been and are being implemented. This change is positive and welcome, isn't it? Issues are being acknowledged.

There is a chain of command. For comparison, say this is regarding an elementary school child having an issue between them and their homeroom teacher. The child's parents have consulted the teacher. Getting no results they've contacted the Vice Principal and nothing has happened. But the problems still exist. A person wouldn't jump to contacting your national board of education to report the teacher and Vice Principal. That's an extreme measure. From contacting the Vice Principal, the parents should contact the Principal, then the Superintendent, then the school board. If the issue still exists, one would go further to possibly contact your elected government official or the state board of education.

This museum is no different. Beyond the volunteers and the person in charge of that area, there is one (or more than one) person overseeing the entire museum and park and they will answer to a board of directors. Someone from there will report to the board of directors for the city. Patience is required, change does not happen quickly with boards or levels of government.

I didn't say that...?
You clarified your intent in the post I quoted. I had understood it in another way.
Thank you. :)

The paragraph below is asking for further proof. Was this for us to look at?
Is it possible for you to get pictures of the chicken(s) limping with bumble foot or even pictures that show the scabs? It might also help to get clear evidence of the chickens with sour crop, worms, mites, etc.

It could benefit. I still have reservations.
Path being suggested otherwise was not likely to give press anyone would want for themselves. The animal activist organizations can be pretty rough and in many instances short-sighted. My preference is to have community press for improvement.

You clarified your intent in the post I quoted. I had understood it in another way.
Thank you. :)

The paragraph below is asking for further proof. Was this for us to look at?
Mostly, yes. Though it might also convince the caretakers of the museum that they really do need to do something about their poor health. And, if it does come to it, it would be helpful to be able to show this to the Humane Society.

The name of the Museum/Park has been helpful, but I do not believe it should have been named on a public site. :hmm

If memory serves, I asked about the Public Entity/ Museum/ Park.
My apologies if I was out of line in asking.

My intention was to clarify their "mission" as a Living History Museum, if in fact, they were what the OP was referring to.
This matters when considering what is or might be going on relative to how "exhibits" are maintained, relative to any given era.

This entire thread can be seen in so many ways, but understanding the mission of the museum/park really ought to be taken into account IMSHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom