Coccidiosis question.

This is the post. But I didn't see anywhere where it says to take a break from treating.
It doesn't, because you aren't supposed to. If they Cord in the water didn't work it could be that they were not drinking enough, which is very common when they are sick. When I have one that's not drinking enough, I give it undiluted orally (I have an article about that too).

It's also possible that the strain is resistant to Cord, so you need to treat with something else like Baycox (tolrazuril) or a sulfa antibiotic.

It doesn't, because you aren't supposed to. If they Cord in the water didn't work it could be that they were not drinking enough, which is very common when they are sick. When I have one that's not drinking enough, I give it undiluted orally (I have an article about that too).

It's also possible that the strain is resistant to Cord, so you need to treat with something else like Baycox (tolrazuril) or a sulfa antibiotic.
I honestly think she was the only one with it. But im continuing to finish out the dosing round at the very least to ensure proper eradication of it in the still live birds.

The one that passed away last night was 1/3 the weight of her broodmates that are roughly the same age(days off maybe). Theyre different breeds too but the others are all almost the same weight.

But me being me I'm thinking/wondering if it would hurt or help to extend the lesser dose of 1/2 tsp per gallon for an extra week just to be sure and thourough to make sure they all have been treated properly.

If you lose another, your state poultry vet can perform a necropsy to find out if coccidiosis was the problem. You could also have a local vet perform a fecal test on fresh droppings to look for coccidiosis or worms. Sorry for your loss.

If you lose another, your state poultry vet can perform a necropsy to find out if coccidiosis was the problem. You could also have a local vet perform a fecal test on fresh droppings to look for coccidiosis or worms. Sorry for your loss.
I did call my vet for the dogs. They also do chickens and other farm animals. But they're pricy to say the least. Thank you for the condolences.

Back
Top Bottom