Cochin bantam?

CCUK

Free Flying
Jan 21, 2018
North Notts, UK
My Coop
My Coop
I have been given a little bantam hen. She has a problem with her leg. I'm dealing with that on another thread. I'm wondering what breed she is. She has feathered legs. Any ideas? I thought cochin bantam?
DSC_0057.JPG

DSC_0065.JPG

Wow, she is beautiful. :love

Are those tufts covering her ears? How many toes? What color are the bottom of the feet (or skin)?

Link to your other thread... leg problems are often Marek's related. :hmm
It's not mareks....i hope!
Necrotic tissue on leg
She has four toes, yellow legs and she has a little bit of a tuft.

It's not mareks....i hope!
Necrotic tissue on leg
She has four toes, yellow legs and she has a little bit of a tuft.
That's definitely not Marek's! :thumbsup

Sorry for more questions.. but to help identify possible breed... what color are her ear lobes? And do you know what color eggs she did lay?

I've never YET seen that color in Cochin... it looks kinda milli fleur?

I suspect MAYBE a Cochin cross breed? :pop

The breed/gender game is one of my faves! :wee

Was it cold enough for the mud balls to cause frost bite before you took them off? I will add any other thoughts to that regard to your other thread.. noting once I had a wound that required a "wet to dry" bandage which kept necrotic tissue at bay... apply wet... remove/change when dry... about twice per day. Just ONE thought.

:fl

That's definitely not Marek's! :thumbsup

Sorry for more questions.. but to help identify possible breed... what color are her ear lobes? And do you know what color eggs she did lay?

I've never YET seen that color in Cochin... it looks kinda milli fleur?

I suspect MAYBE a Cochin cross breed? :pop

The breed/gender game is one of my faves! :wee

Was it cold enough for the mud balls to cause frost bite before you took them off? I will add any other thoughts to that regard to your other thread.. noting once I had a wound that required a "wet to dry" bandage which kept necrotic tissue at bay... apply wet... remove/change when dry... about twice per day. Just ONE thought.

:fl
She has pink ears with maybe a little white. I have no idea what colour her eggs are though. I might tomorrow though! It has been cold but there wasn't any frost or frozen ground this afternoon. I never thought about milli fleur. I'm no good at guessing breeds!

She is definitely mille fleur patterned. I've worked with that long enough to know.
She looks like a MF D'Uccle/MF Cochin cross.
I say that because those crosses will be MF pattern, lack vulture hock and have a small beard and single comb.
She could be full blood Cochin but the beard is suspect.

D'Uccle crossed with Cochin will make pinkish white earlobes. Can you get a side profile of her?

Back
Top Bottom