Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Pics
I put an ad in the classifieds but haven't received any replies yet. I am looking for hatching eggs for bantam frizzle Cochiins, especially if they are white.
Does anyone have frizzle eggs they might sell? I live in the very easternmost part of VA.
Thanks!!

Last edited:
How long does it take for cochen bantams to reach sexual maturity

It varies with varieties and the line of the breeder. . I have some that lay at 6 months and some not until 10 months. There is no set answer. I raise Black, Buff Columbian, Columbian, Gold Laced, Silver Laced, White, White frizzle , Partridge, and Silver Penciled. I show many of these varieties and some are just projects. Good luck with your Cochins.

It varies with varieties and the line of the breeder. . I have some that lay at 6 months and some not until 10 months. There is no set answer. I raise Black, Buff Columbian, Columbian, Gold Laced, Silver Laced, White, White frizzle , Partridge, and Silver Penciled. I show many of these varieties and some are just projects. Good luck with your Cochins.

Just to jump in out of curiosity....
I have a white frizzle. Do you find your white frizzles to take longer to start laying than other varieties?

Just to jump in out of curiosity....
I have a white frizzle.  Do you find your white frizzles to take longer to start laying than other varieties?

Nope...mine started laying around 17 weeks...but that was also in the middle of summer. :D How old is yours? She might be delayed because of the time of year?

Nope...mine started laying around 17 weeks...but that was also in the middle of summer.
big_smile.png
How old is yours? She might be delayed because of the time of year?

ten months old
sad.png

I got her (and my other pullets) in March of last year from the feed store and I knew nothing about chickens!!! So I did everything wrong and I'm only just getting egg production up to what it should be for this time of year....
Oh, sorry. If you want to read my testament of woe (and happiness) with my chickens, I guess you'd read my thread. Anyway....

She's ten months old.

do frizzles not get cold in the winter as their feathers can't function properly to keep a layer of warm air under their feathers?

ten months old
:(
I got her (and my other pullets) in March of last year from the feed store and I knew nothing about chickens!!!  So I did everything wrong and I'm only just getting egg production up to what it should be for this time of year....
Oh, sorry.  If you want to read my testament of woe (and happiness) with my chickens, I guess you'd read my thread.  Anyway....

She's ten months old.

Hmmm...hang in there. I have found the cold and short days is hard on the littles. First part of December we had a week of below zero weather and my two frizzles decided to hunker down and go broody to ward off the cold. Keep her on a good layer feed with a high protein and hopefully you'll get some bite sized eggs soon!! :)

Back
Top Bottom