Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Yeah, my white chickens are safe too. I've only lost any at night, and that was when my idiot Leghorns decided to go off and sleep in the woods. Dumbies!!!
LOL!
lol.png
I get more excited for Pekin bantams every minute
tongue.png

They're nice looking birds!!!
How old are they?
I've never heard about shipping anything but day-old chicks.
How do you ship them at this age?

I don't actually know how old they are. The pullet hasn't started laying. They are both pretty immature--my guess is they were hatched around June.

They were mailed to me, express mail. They were in transit just under 40 hours. Unlike the chicks, they had fruit to eat. There is a special box for shipping adult birds through the mail. Isn't it bizarre that the US allows you to mail animals?

I don't actually know how old they are. The pullet hasn't started laying. They are both pretty immature--my guess is they were hatched around June.

They were mailed to me, express mail. They were in transit just under 40 hours. Unlike the chicks, they had fruit to eat. There is a special box for shipping adult birds through the mail. Isn't it bizarre that the US allows you to mail animals?

Yes, very. No offense but it's bizarre and wrong I think.

I hope you don't. I think that mature people should be able to disagree respectfully.
I eat some of my animals, not others. I wouldn't eat my dogs, but ppl in some parts of the world do.
I don't look down on them for doing it and I would hope that they don't look down on me for not, even if we both state our own choices in the same conversation.
Thanks, I was just becoming a little irritated. BTW love your avatar, your girl just looks so sweet

It is odd that they allow. It is convenient, but I try to ship live birds as little as possible. But I also can't drive 3 states away to pick them up. I remember hearing on the news a year or 2 ago about some getting in trouble for shipping a puppy.

Thanks, I was just becoming a little irritated. BTW love your avatar, your girl just looks so sweet
I understand that. Glad you've been able to cool down some. =)
Thanks!!! She's my pet. I wasn't going to have a pet chicken, but DH isn't holding his breath for being able to eat her eggs consistently. lol That's okay, more for hatching!!! ;-)

I see.
Oh, that seems alright. Yeah, having food is good; I guess the fruit provides some water at the same time.
Yeah, I like the US for the fact that we have the liberties we have (even though they're dwindling). I wish more ppl used common sense than needed legislation. I think that it's bizarre by comparison to some of the things the US doesn't allow you to do. lol

Good...Very good. I am against shipping animals...Sorry.

Having traveled with animals all around the world, I am okay with shipping. How do you expect to get animals from one place to another if you don't ship and the traveling distances are just too great or separated by oceans?

I have shipped cochins by USPS Express for a few years now and have never had a bird arrive in distress.

Many breeders ship, are accustomed to the process and know how to provide food or heat in the shipping box if needed.

Shipping boxes can be purchased online and the USPS has a "click & ship" online process to print labels and offers a reduced rate for online orders.

Please do not be discouraged to ship if you want to try it.

Question:
On Bantam Cochin Frizzles, how can you tell the difference between a pullet and a cockerel?
I have one that was supposedly a pullet, but she's almost a year old and not laying yet.
(the reason she didn't start laying last year can be easily explained, but she seems mature, so I'm not sure whether she's laying somewhere I can't find the eggs or whether she's a he)
Anyway, any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!! =D

Back
Top Bottom